Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't been on the forums in years, but I have probably met most of you at one of the many meets back in the day. Anyway here is my situation:

I was away for about 8 months and the neon didn't get driven. It's never had a problem with oil but when I started it after the 8 month downtime it was very low, the oil light came on right after I floored it for a couple of seconds then I could faintly hear some knocking.

I turned the car off and had it towed.

I don't have the time or tools to fix it myself, and Ive already taken it to one shop that looked at it for two months then told me they decided not to even look at it and I should take it to a speed shop. What a waste.

I ordered new pistons and rods a while ago hoping to maybe be able to do it myself but I have never taken an engine out and just don't have time.

Any ideas? I would pay someone to fix it, hopefully it only needs new rods and pistons....? Does anyone locally do internals? Should I just sell it for parts a call it a loss?

Quick list of mods if I can even remember them all:
AGP Zeta 3.0 kit
coilovers
walbro 255 w/return line areomotive FPR
Devils own meth injection
Turbo XS bov
Turbo XS boost controller
Tuned by AGP email tunes SCT

Thats all the major stuff. I miss my neon :-:)crying:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
JoeDirt does some work for the OGs and his friends/locals. I'm sure if you waved cash in his face he might help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts