Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol as i was reading evo threads i found life is death on there defending are srt4!! u da man 8)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread/t-9812.html

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That one guy said a turbo Lancer would kick the SRT's ass. The only cars I despise more than Aztecs are Lancers, especially the "OZ Rally Edition" ones. The whole car is just screaming poser.....

-faast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEAH IT DOES , im not really into imports so didnt really know what a lancer was and asked my import gay friend what it was he said it was a wannabe racer

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
lol lancers are soooooo ugly.......actually i dont thing dsm make a good looking car at all, maybe the 3g eclipse....the new ones are ugly, the lancer just screams cheap!!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
My favorite part is when they talk about "that strange exhaust technology." Um, resonators? LOL, I have one on my car, how exotic. haha

·
Registered
113 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
lol lancers are soooooo ugly.......actually i dont thing dsm make a good looking car at all, maybe the 3g eclipse....the new ones are ugly, the lancer just screams cheap!!!!

Lancers are not DSMs and neither are 3g Eclipses.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hehehe, damn man, that is ooooold.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
ummmm dsm= diamond star motors correct??? diamond star motors refers to mitsubishi correct? and both of those cars are sold by mitsubishi correct? i donno mayube i am confused but that seems bout right to me

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well since the evo VIII only got 180 hp :shock: i cant see it being that great. i think the sti has won.

·
Registered
755 Posts
nice post lifeisdeath....all tru, to the point, and smacked them right in the middle of the forehead. Not many people can argue with a car company that will warrenty their 290 HP Stage kit... 7 yrs 70000 anyone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
boostedneonsrt4 said:
ummmm dsm= diamond star motors correct??? diamond star motors refers to mitsubishi correct? and both of those cars are sold by mitsubishi correct? i donno mayube i am confused but that seems bout right to me

actualy DSM was a co-op between Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge and Mitsu. Its the reason why elcipse lasers and talons all have the same engine for that time period also the reason there was a 4 cylinder turbo caravan and the same reason why alot of people will tell you there is alot of Mitsu parts in a SRT4.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As was said above, it was the cooperative team of Chrysler and Mitsubishi....hence Diamond----Star

Mitsubishi Diamond, Chrysler Star......

VV

boostedneonsrt4 said:

·
Registered
113 Posts
DSM's

DSM was a collaboration between Chrysler and Mitsubishi to Create the Talon/Eclipse/Laser.
The cars were all built in Normal, IL and DSM does NOT extend to any other vehicle.
The turbo Minivans were powered by Chy. Co. engines.
The Galant GVR4(turbo awd galant) is NOT a DSM as they were built in Japan. Same thing goes for the 3000gt and Stealth.
The 2000+ Eclipses are also NOT DSM's.
If you really want to get technical about it, the 1st generation (90-94) of the T/E/L are actually the only true DSM’s.
This is an excerpt from the "1000 already answered questions" (FAQ) regarding DSM’s:
” 2G(95-99) cars are considered DSMs because they are direct descendants of the original DSM(90-94) cars. Although they were technically not built by Diamond Star Motors, their connection to the original line is unmistakable, as they share the name, trim levels and original intention of the 1G cars.
Also, some early 95 cars have DSM labeling on them, leading many to believe that all 2Gs were built by Diamond Star Motors. This is not the case, as Diamond Star Motors officially ceased to exist in mid-1993, when Chrysler sold off all of its Mitsubishi holdings, technically making the 1994 cars the last of the DSMs. This type of hair-splitting is not important for Club purposes, however, and the Club has decided that 2Gers have as much right to be included as earlier owners.“

Evan

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
well thank you for clearing that up for me.......i guess i was really in the dark on that one......i was just using common sense on that one to make that observation. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts