Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i know i dont get out my section much but i wanted to come on here and post about our hydra ems units. we have had our system on our car since about sept of 2005. The car is running great and we have not ran into issues with the unit. we installed the unit end of last summer and have had it on the car all winter, the car even in the coldest weather fired right up and ran as if the stock computer was still fuctioning.the only way anyone that rode in the car knew it was equiped with an ems was by the 7500 redline we have the car set at and by the 2 step andanti lag enabled. over the winter we added some changes to the car we upgraded the cams to crane 18's added a huge fuel pump set up and 1000cc injectors, the greatest part of all this was that i really did not need to change too much on the unit, simply after everything was in i went under tools selected the load injector response menu and checked off 2.5ohm instead of the 16ohms (high impedence) that the 750's were. the went back into tools and selected the injector change trim and put the old injector size of 750cc and the new injectors off a 1000 and the unit corrected itself. with the large cams and injectors car idles unbeliaveable. installation was a breeze taking a couple minutes since everything is pnp. the software was a lil different and new to us but turned out to be very user friendly. we also have a switch set up with this unit for racegas mode giving us more timing at the flip of a switch. the unit comes with a built in wideband and has a very fast autotune feature. for the big turbo guys the antilag feature becomes very addicting imagine being able to built 20psi or more oof boost while the clutch is engaged in 1st gear and dumping it...... (warning expensive clutch masters clutch is reccomended and stage 5 axels) ok im tired of typing if anyone has questions please post them up. unit is 1850 with the wideband option at no added cost

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
are these shipping?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ray all I can say about your car is, WOW! I drove in Ray's car the other day and im sold on the HYDRA. The car is crazy smooth I didnt think the car had cams or even 1000cc injectors at first. Throttle responce was fast and smooth. The other thing that sold me on this unit other than the price and performance was when Ray showed me how easy it is to use. Ive seen AEM units on a few friends Hondas and the HYDRA atleast to me is easier to use for your avarage person & just as powerful. You dont need to be a master tuner to use the HYDRA and thats a big plus for me because im not. Oh and auto tune is the shiznit. I cant wait to get mine Ray so you better hold one for me.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
srt4thatazz said:
Ray all I can say about your car is, WOW! I drove in Ray's car the other day and im sold on the HYDRA. The car is crazy smooth I didnt think the car had cams or even 1000cc injectors at first. Throttle responce was fast and smooth. The other thing that sold me on this unit other than the price and performance was when Ray showed me how easy it is to use. Ive seen AEM units on a few friends Hondas and the HYDRA atleast to me is easier to use for your avarage person & just as powerful. You dont need to be a master tuner to use the HYDRA and thats a big plus for me because im not. Oh and auto tune is the shiznit. I cant wait to get mine Ray so you better hold one for me.
lets get the turbo done 1st in a few weeks. we need to get youu more than 320tq you are getting on your stock turbo

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
What's your top speed with a 7500rpm limit..? I know at 6500 uits like 170 or a lil more i could imagine 7500rpm :eek2: :yesmaster

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
ray, the analog pickup??? does the ems have one? i've never used an ems before but am deff. looking into it. i can't take dtec anymore, safc is useless if you ask me. Other then a mapclamp to be honest, i think the ems is the only way to go

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
oh, so i would have to use the wideband with the unit....my exhaust is so maxed out with bungs, lol. i guess i could sell the lm-1 and free up a spot

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
srt4fun80 said:
oh, so i would have to use the wideband with the unit....my exhaust is so maxed out with bungs, lol. i guess i could sell the lm-1 and free up a spot
How many do you have? I have 5 in total :lol: .

Bump for Hydra.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Ray, what turbo are you running and what did you hit on the dyno?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
when you say anti-lag is it a true one as in your car sits at about 0 even in idle and does not drop into vacumm when you have it turned on?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts