Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i just got a ticket yesterday for not having one
so i zipped tied it on.
and today i got pulled over for my loud exhaust and the cop said i can get in trouble for having it zipped tied on and not having it screwed on..

is this true???
thats bs, you can only get in troble if the plate aint showing the numbers/letters. as long as u can see the letters is should be all good. (thats what cops here in hawaii told me) might be different somewhere else. the cops just be hating on you.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Mo
7,865 Posts
thats bs, you can only get in troble if the plate aint showing the numbers/letters. as long as u can see the letters is should be all good. (thats what cops here in hawaii told me) might be different somewhere else. the cops just be hating on you.
cops always hate on me
i got pulled over 5 times this memorial day weekend!
no tickets just harrassment.

·
7,865 Posts
holy shit...fricking pricks, tell them shouldent they be using our tax money for arresting killers or should they be wasteing there time by pulling you over for dumb reasons? haha
i know it sucks but whatever ill survive. i havent gotten any tickets laltely for it just the no front plate the other day

i just took 2 zip ties and put it on and put some take around the edges so it wont scrape my bumper

·
7,865 Posts
thanks

im gonna try makin a bracket like yours tomorrow. i got some extra material around the house

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had my plate zip tide up like the white car on the last page. I was going 10mph over the speed last night and got pulled over. He couldnt proove my speed, SOOooo He wrote me an illegal tint and no plate Cite. I have had the car like this for 4 years, and one cop who wants to be a dick writes me for it. The speeding ticket would have been cheaper. So today i ripped my tint off and now im looking for new ways to mount my plate.

·
7,865 Posts
I had my plate zip tide up like the white car on the last page. I was going 10mph over the speed last night and got pulled over. He couldnt proove my speed, SOOooo He wrote me an illegal tint and no plate Cite. I have had the car like this for 4 years, and one cop who wants to be a dick writes me for it. The speeding ticket would have been cheaper. So today i ripped my tint off and now im looking for new ways to mount my plate.
put your plate on the outside of the cross hairs
like mine

i just put some take around the edges so it would scratch my bumper

i hate it and im thinkin of taking it off soon again

·
Registered
986 Posts
put your plate on the outside of the cross hairs
like mine

i just put some take around the edges so it would scratch my bumper

i hate it and im thinkin of taking it off soon again
Are those zipties holding the plate on? Doesn't that scratch your paint on the crosshair? How is the bottom secured?

·
7,865 Posts
Are those zipties holding the plate on? Doesn't that scratch your paint on the crosshair? How is the bottom secured?
it hasnt scratched yet. i put tape on the back side and on the bottom so it woulndnt scratch.

its pretty tight from being secured at the top so i didnt need to secure the bottom

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Front plates!?what are those? lol
good idea though fromt he OP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello you all from Hawaii,from day one i had my srt4 i had my plate it zip-tied to the cross hairs & pretty much got old fast:tongue:, so today i was bored and i was sitting/stareing at my srt4 and and realized why drill holes when i could go under? and im the kind of guy who HATES drilling holes, esp on my front bumper. so back to the bracket, my dads a bada$$ welder & we have torches and presses & all over our house theres a crap load of sheet aluminum every where. so i made me and my brother in North Carolina (srt4 owner aswell) license plate brackets. I'll mail his later, he deployed in the middle East at the moment (Marines) But ya took me a few hours to make. . i have a few pictures. Lemme know what you folks think. peaceeeee:hi:

p.s they dont weigh much at all also, only about 1/2 pound. & ill get a better front angle shot later when theres light.
thanks for looking.
-96720SRT4
How Much for one ? I’m in WA State I can pay PayPal let me know.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts