Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Hello you all from Hawaii,from day one i had my srt4 i had my plate it zip-tied to the cross hairs & pretty much got old fast:tongue:, so today i was bored and i was sitting/stareing at my srt4 and and realized why drill holes when i could go under? and im the kind of guy who HATES drilling holes, esp on my front bumper. so back to the bracket, my dads a bada$$ welder & we have torches and presses & all over our house theres a crap load of sheet aluminum every where. so i made me and my brother in North Carolina (srt4 owner aswell) license plate brackets. I'll mail his later, he deployed in the middle East at the moment (Marines) But ya took me a few hours to make. . i have a few pictures. Lemme know what you folks think. peaceeeee:hi:

p.s they dont weigh much at all also, only about 1/2 pound. & ill get a better front angle shot later when theres light.
thanks for looking.
-96720SRT4

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Mo
7,865 Posts
good idea!

any movement from the vibrations at all? or is it really firm?

·
7,865 Posts
nice nice
im thinkin of doing something like this!
good idea man!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Love it! Ive gotten 3 tix already for not having my front license plate on but it BLOCKS MY FRONT MOUNT:mopar:, so I just cant put it on, but this is a good idea:thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Howzit braddah! Nice work you did there. Well when i first got my car, the first thing i noticed was that I didnt like how the license plate frame was digging into the paint on the front bumper. I remember having a pair of brackets that I was gonna use for my s13 but since I dont have that car anymore I decided to use it on this one. I love how you can adjust the viewing angle on this and the distance to how close/distant you want the plate from the bumper.

Not sure if these are still available for sale locally. Got it at a Don Quijote here but I can check next time if anyone is interested. Theres also a different bracket. One continuous bracket but it still places the license plate away from the bumper, usually found on "VIP" luxury vehicles ie lexus,infiniti, etc..

·
7,865 Posts
ha got pulled over for no front plate today

cop: why dont u have a front license plate?
me: idk im going for the weight reduction
cop: your a dumbass put it on!

friends in my car were cracking up for an hour when i said that!!!
still find it funny

maybe i should make myself something like this.. damn i hate jersey lol

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha got pulled over for no front plate today

cop: why dont u have a front license plate?
me: idk im going for the weight reduction
cop: your a dumbass put it on!

friends in my car were cracking up for an hour when i said that!!!
still find it funny

maybe i should make myself something like this.. damn i hate jersey lol
haha holy shit, if i was the cop i'd lmfao ahahahahaha.
shit even im laughing like crazy haha:rofl:

·
7,865 Posts
ha that cop has pulled me over before a couple times.
the cops in my car in getting really strict with my car.
pullin me over alot for my exhaust and tinted windows.

i keep telling them im not gonna fix it

·
Registered
236 Posts
used to get pulled for no front plate all the time, after 7 $91 tickets it gets old quick... 3 weeks after my last ticket i hit a deer and cracked the front bumper above the foglight, after finding how hard it is to get a bumper for these cars i decided to use my front plate i had to cover the crack... now the same cops that pulled me over for no front plate ask me why i put it on after i seemed so determined not to, and they get pissed off when i tell them its to cover up an imperfection :p

·
7,865 Posts
i just got a ticket yesterday for not having one
so i zipped tied it on.
and today i got pulled over for my loud exhaust and the cop said i can get in trouble for having it zipped tied on and not having it screwed on..

is this true???

1 - 20 of 50 Posts