Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Few thoughts.... First we did make 3 test TB's that are larger then the 60mm. The problems that we came up with was going much larger like 70mm would definately cause issues with alot of cars and their pressure pipes not wanting to fit right. Even right now it can be a tight fit getting a 60mm TB on the car. We did 3 65's and the problems we started to go into was the adapter not being able to seal the way the stock adapter did with the o-ring. We didn't go much further with it because of these problems and most people wanting a bolt on part. Modifing the manifold for this TB Would definately be a MUST though. I wouldn't go that large without having that done.

Performance wise honestly can't say what it would do never used the part never tried but I do know my 60mm has out performed other 60mm TB's. Why I don't know how I don't know but it did. I like our part and it works well.

I am considering going larger on my next batch actually haven't figured out exactly what I am going to do just yet.
Lorenzo

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will still be sticking with you anyways. Just wanted to know thoughts. So if you possibly did the 70mm it would be highly considered that the intake should be modified. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There would be NO question that the manifold would need modified. It would need modified with anything more then 60mm. Like I said we made a few 65mm TB's I actually still have 2 of them if I could ever find the stupid plates and shafts for them I would assemble them and sell them since they were prototypes and have a few things we changed on the production pieces but would work fine. I might even see about putting one on my car and see if it helps or doesn't help. I don't know but sometimes bigger is not always better especially for smaller turbo cars.

But without tests I really don't know what it would be like better or worse. This is one reason we just stuck with the 60mm TB as it is a true bolt on and doesn't require any modifications sending a manifold off to have it machined and down time which alot of people can't do right now when it's their daily drivers. That was one of my main considerations when picking the size we wanted. It wouldn't take much at all for me to even open the 60mm TB's up to at least a 62ish mm TB because of the extra material we left in the bore and the lip on the top of the TB for the hose.

But we will see what happens when I get around to starting another run on what exactly we are going to do.
Lorenzo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts