Dodge SRT Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is their a way that you can still have your horn, turn signals how they reg work and keep the air bag light off?
And what is a clock spring?

·
Premium Member (Lifetime),
1,375 Posts
There is a thread on here about using a resistor to keep the air bag light off. I just pulled the bulb out of the cluster while I was gutting the dash because it's a racecar.

There is a way to wire the horn but I didn't bother. Those center caps on the steering wheels in all of the pics are actually horn buttons with connections on the back.

I think you are screwed when it comes to the turn signals though. I am pretty sure you have to take the return out. Signals still work and will stay engaged, but they just won't turn off after you return the steering wheel to straight.

All in all, the steering wheel is worth it in my opinion. Just be warned that you will no longer have an airbag.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If I use a momo hub can I somehow modify it to use my clock spring? Or is their a way to modify it so I can use my horn and turn signals like normal?
And what size ohm and Watt resister do I need to turn off my airbag light and can someone give me a link to where I can buy them.

I hear BDJ used to sell modified momo hubs so you can use the clock spring I believe but no matter what I can't find them. I really want to use my horn and blinkers like normal. And if it's easy as just buying the momo hub and modifying it, can someone write a how to on doing that.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a bunch of resisters that are 2on 2Watt. I have one in the harness that was plugged into my clock spring. If you need one let me know and I will mail it to you free of charge. No joke. I have been looking on how to turn the airbag light off for a while with out pulling the light. I could never forgive myself if I got into a accident and the person in the passenger seat got hurt ir dies all because of me not putting in a resister to make the passenger side airbag to work.
Also I have a nrg hub and a momo hub. Right now I am currently using my nrg hub. I've tried the momo hub and I just can not figure out how to get the horn to work. I've heard of some people can modify their momo hub to make the clockspring fit, have the turn signal cancelation to work, airbag light Off and horn to work. Can someone please describe to me And show a pic on how to modify a momo hub. And for those people that need a resister for their air bag light feel free to MSG me to
[email protected]

Or MSG me on Facebook. Just type in that email address in Facebook and I should pop up. I'm in Ontario Canada.

Any help on the momo hub would be great.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here are a few pics. This is where you insert The 2Watt 2ohm resistor and this will turn off the airbag light Amd now your passenger side airbag will work now.

Also here is a pic of the momo hub with the srt4 clock spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys I know there are some SRT-4's out there with some aftermarket steering wheels, LETS SEE SOME PICS

Here is mine:

Sparco wheel, momo hub, NRG quick release

P.S. please post up the name brands of what Hubs, QuickRelease, Steeringwheel, or Spacer you are using so that other forum memebers know what they are looking at. Thanks

Blake

Okay so everyone is trying to figure out how to keep there horn and have an aftermarket steeing wheel at the same time. Well I have the "fix" I also even have a NRG quick release hub for those of you who own one of those.

First off you need to take apart you stock steering wheel, find the red wire that has a connector on it, you will need to cut it off. connect it back to the one in the car and feed the wire through your aftermarket hub.

After that you need to make a ground wire, I choose to just ground mine off for the time being on the main steering wheel bolt, just to make sure my setup worked.
Next if you have a Quick Release like me there should be two wires that come off the bottom (one is a ground the other is power) attack your ground to one and attach your red wire to your power. Also I only used electrical tape for the test, after everything worked for a week, I went back a soderd the wires together for a clean and better connection.

After you have accoplished this, take your horn button and connetc the two wires from the inside of your Quick release and attach them to the button:

Now put everything together and the horn should work, mine has been working for 2 years now and no probs what so ever
good luck guys.

Can you please help me with getting to use the clockspring with the momo hub. I have both nrg and momo hub. O really need to use it. Can you please help me. Be as specific as possible. And if you got pics that would be great. Thank you

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Here ya go...........
that shifter knob has been changed...
along with my Mullett haircut!!

LOL!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Has anyone at all been able to use the clock spring with the quick release steering wheel setup? I have both the momo hub and nrg hub. From what I've read their is no way passable to get the nrg hub to work, however people have got the momo hub to work. But I've also tried that and still no luck. Is their anybody that can show me how they got the momo hub to work. Please show pics of the install and be as descriptive as possible please.

·
Registered
35 Posts
where do i get the spacer for the nrg hub? the website said we need one but i have no idea where to buy it

IG : jon_srt4

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a nrg spacer for sale if you need one. I haven't even used it. If you need a momo hub I also have 1 of those brand new in a box as well. And if you like I have some 2ohm 2watt resistor's for your airbag light to turn off. And even you passenger airbag will work. But with out the resistor both airbags will not work. If you like I will mail you a resistor for free if you need it. Bit yea I have a brand new nrg spacer and a brand new momo hub for sale.
If interested here is my cell number
1-519-717-0908

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here is my setup. With some extra pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
A little late to the party, but here's my setup.
Momo Wheel
Momo Hub
Generic 5cm spacer from Amazon

I modified the Momo hub to keep the clock spring. I could have done a better job but I started with a Dremel with a cutoff wheel so that's what I finished with. To make it fit you have to cut two sections out. You also have to grind down the outer ring. All in all it took about 30-45 minutes with a Dremel and bench grinder. Taking the clock spring off makes it a lot easier to see where you need to remove material.

Attachments

161 - 175 of 175 Posts
About this Discussion
174 Replies
75 Participants
Gizmodo
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing