Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I know there are some SRT-4's out there with some aftermarket steering wheels, LETS SEE SOME PICS

Here is mine:

Sparco wheel, momo hub, NRG quick release

P.S. please post up the name brands of what Hubs, QuickRelease, Steeringwheel, or Spacer you are using so that other forum memebers know what they are looking at. Thanks

Blake

Okay so everyone is trying to figure out how to keep there horn and have an aftermarket steeing wheel at the same time. Well I have the "fix" I also even have a NRG quick release hub for those of you who own one of those.

First off you need to take apart you stock steering wheel, find the red wire that has a connector on it, you will need to cut it off. connect it back to the one in the car and feed the wire through your aftermarket hub.

After that you need to make a ground wire, I choose to just ground mine off for the time being on the main steering wheel bolt, just to make sure my setup worked.
Next if you have a Quick Release like me there should be two wires that come off the bottom (one is a ground the other is power) attack your ground to one and attach your red wire to your power. Also I only used electrical tape for the test, after everything worked for a week, I went back a soderd the wires together for a clean and better connection.

After you have accoplished this, take your horn button and connetc the two wires from the inside of your Quick release and attach them to the button:

Now put everything together and the horn should work, mine has been working for 2 years now and no probs what so ever :) good luck guys.

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
^^^ that looks good, so does the pod setup.

Saw some nice steering wheels this weekend at some show...def want to get one

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car, SRT of the Mo
7,865 Posts
i want to see some custom stock stearing wheels.

i saw one for sale a while back with CF stitched into the wheel

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
About this Discussion
174 Replies
75 Participants
Gizmodo
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing