Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name the problem:
well i had a stage 2 wastegate that i bought from masssilversrt4 and it was working fine, but it learned the boost. so he was planning on getting the new agp so we traded wastegates, i got his agp and he got his stage 2 back...so we hook it up and now it wont boost right...like the nuts r just about touching and i am barely getting 20 psi (gotta turn it down a little) but the weird thing is that it doesnt like shoot up to 20, it shoots up to like 16 then slowly goes up...its very odd...and also when the nuts were further apart it would only go up to 10...then adjusted it a few turns and it wouldnt go up in boost...dave was stumped, and he knows what he is doing, he has installed like 5 or 6 wastegates...the wastegate was boosting fine on his car (with plenty of space inbetween the nuts) and mine was boosting fine with the s-2 wastegate...so whats the problem? we tried both lines, blue and green...

·
Registered
802 Posts
closer together equals more boost, further equals less. i am kinda confused about what ur trying to say.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MaxxdOutSRT4 said:
closer together equals more boost, further equals less. i am kinda confused about what ur trying to say.
i understand that...but they r like touching and i am only getting like 20 psi...and it takes a few seconds to get there...when they r touching the boost should b off the map correct?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
you may want to try a boost controller...you mentioned that it went past 16psi?
Jeans sued to do the same after 2400rpms it went up to 19-20psi then came back down. But it started at 15psi then slowly crept up to 19-20psi.

Try a boost controller....or a bleed hole. so like that you don't preload the wastegate too much.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NIVO88T said:
you may want to try a boost controller...you mentioned that it went past 16psi?
Jeans sued to do the same after 2400rpms it went up to 19-20psi then came back down. But it started at 15psi then slowly crept up to 19-20psi.

Try a boost controller....or a bleed hole. so like that you don't preload the wastegate too much.
thats exactly what its doing...so i need a boost controller, dont u have one around that your not using? wanna sell it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts