Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iis there any how to on an alarm indicator or led scanner? I have one of those old batman looking led scanners and was wandering if it could be hooked up to a stock alarm and how. I prob just need a power wire that comes on once the alarm is activated. Any help?

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Your car with stock keyless/security system should show its alarm activated. Unless of course you're wanting something that doesn't emit just at the cluster but say on the a-pillar or upper dash top?

If that's the case, you'd need to tap into the signal that feeds the stock security indicator LED in the cluster.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
there's a little red light inside the gauge cluster that blinks when the factory alarm is armed. perhaps you can use that power wire.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
wannasupra said:
there's a little red light inside the gauge cluster that blinks when the factory alarm is armed. perhaps you can use that power wire.
we must of posted the same time ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
no on those scanners from what i remember there was more than just powere and ground there was 5 or 6 wires and a few different ways to wire it up and i believe on eof the way was that i twould turn on when the ignition was turned off

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a red, black, and yellow

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any way i can do this easy you think?

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
tinctorus said:
no on those scanners from what i remember there was more than just powere and ground there was 5 or 6 wires and a few different ways to wire it up and i believe on eof the way was that i twould turn on when the ignition was turned off
Nah, most are 3 wire hook-up.

Floridaboy, I'd be willing to bet you wire it up like most 3 wire scanners with that color code....

Red = 12v
yellow = switched input (alarm armed signal or ignition if you want to use it without a alarm)
black = ground

As for wiring it up, I've already mentioned how you'd do it......

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome ill try that out thanxs man, Let you guys know how it was maybe do a write up or something. if anyone cares lol

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I guess I will ask the question of the day then. Anyone know the wire that powers our little red dot?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ yeah what he said

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wannasupra said:
if you eat beef, you're not supposed to have a dot.

What does that mean?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
He is referring to being Indian (As in India) Look it up on Google.

By the way, found it pretty damn funny myself.!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts