thats what syncros are for

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
i'm so confused now!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Why shouldnt you down shift into 1st? Just rev match and dont ram the fucker in there.

But I hate doing it, stupid assholes that honk at me when im going like 5 mph and I want to stop all the way so I dont have to bog in 2nd.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm used to do kinda what "En-Glaived" said. I press the clutch, rev the motor a bit higher than the 1st gear need and just ease it into first but I DO HAVE doing it since I feel it's not good for the car (I just feel it, no reason).

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
En-Glaived said:
Why shouldnt you down shift into 1st? Just rev match and dont ram the fucker in there.

But I hate doing it, stupid assholes that honk at me when im going like 5 mph and I want to stop all the way so I dont have to bog in 2nd.

you need to not care what the people behind you think.. as long as you are being safe/obeying the law.

if i pull up to a stop sign, and i'm not fast enough for the person behind me... i just sit there............... and sit........ then when *i'm* ready.. i'll go. fuck em. same with tailgaters... just slow down.. piss them off more. they are the ones with the problems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The last time this was an issue was about 40 years ago when many manual transmissions didn't synchronize first or reverse.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don't think it would HURT anything, but if you notice it's MUCH much harder to put it in first when going above 10. It doesn't slide in like it does when you're going really really slow. Same happens in second when you try to put it in second going like 80. I don't drop the clutch of course, but it is hard to put it in that gear. hey ray...is that pic taken at the granite run mall?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
oh poop im always at the willow grove mall. we need to meet up :). mikeR was telling me he was gonna help you out on your car with something. mikes the man, he made my side exit exhaust :thumbsup:

too bad my synchros r f'd. sometimes i get locked out of third when i boost high...... its so damn annoying.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts