Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to you all to READ THE MANUAL. I changing out the wheel studs and for some dumb reason, loosend the front hub retaining nut. I realized I didn't need to remove the hub, and thinking back to all the other cars I had, I just finger tightend and cotter keyed the nut. Well at 65 mph the steering wheel shook ALOT. So the wheel came off, I read the manual, and it said to torque the hub nut to 180 ft lbs. That is TIGHT. So I did it and the wheel shaking went away. This is a high tech sports car (OK not really, but ha ha, anyways) and the manual should be read.
Do this for your loved ones.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I guess finger tightening any major nut or bolt can be dangerous , so yeah read the manual and torque everything to spec. good to hear you are alright.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
lol reminds me when john and i worked on his car and put the tires back on and didn't tighten any of the lugnuts.. (oops) and then did some high speed tests on the mod we just did.. then came back and looked at eachother... (yeah thank god fingertight was good enough).. some times simple things can escape you.. be careful out there guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts