Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a car problem...lol

Its intermittent so it's tough for me to figure out. It's a wiring issue somewhere.. but I would like some ideas on things to datalog with my dsp before I tear her apart.. searched the forums and seems everyone's problem was solved with an o2 sensor. But not mine..

Sometimes, while I'm driving, I'll get lean spikes, or rich spikes.. engine light starts blinking.. and it usually just bugs out and dies. Other than that afr's are perfect at idle and while driving.. I have 0032 and 0038 codes. Which are o2 codes.. replaced downstream and it was fine with no problems for about a week.. happened again.. replaced upstream and again, fine for about a week. Mind you both o2s are mopar replacements..Happened again so I replaced the wideband o2 with the same aem one. This time it was fine for about 3 weeks no problem. Last night driving home my engine light started blinking, afr's were straight high 15s and 16s with no bogging and no hiccups.. when I have time which is almost never im gonna check the continuity of the o2 wires, pcm, etc... but I'm trying to datalog certain things while this happens and have no idea.. there's like 20 some odd o2 things to log and idk what they are.. So if anyone can give me any ideas that would be great. Thanks.

I've replaced all o2s, changed injectors, plugs, coil, wires are still great.. checked manifold gaskets, throttle body gasket, checked purge valve, charcoal box.. I don't fuckin know

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
sounds like it might be a failing fuel pump. I would try to monitor fuel pressure to see if that could be an issue for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My problem is that for now, I need to buy a car.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a brand new pump just sitting in a box in my room lol. Since it primes all the time, I didn't think it would be the pump.. but when the CEL starts blinking my afrs go past 17 and it does bog like it's not getting fuel.. hmm, ok I'll try the pump.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
autozone has a free lone a tool fuel pressure gauge that i taped to my windshield and drove around. It was easy to see the fuel pressure drop and lean condition (should always be 58psi)

also just double check your ground wires.. the one on the back of the head to the torque strut tends to break .. and the one by the fuse box often rusts out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts