Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I decided to go with some different oil and my good buddy Steve Anderson is the CEO of Leading Edge Lubricants Racing oil. So I asked him for a case of his oil to try it out. Normally I stick to what works and Mobil 1 has always been the oil that I use in all my cars since its inception. Well I wanted to see if different oil really makes a difference. Well it did, read on.. :readclose

I combined 5 quarts of 10w/30w with a K&N oil filter. The 1st thing I noticed was how silky smooth the oil was. The color of this oil is golden, shiny brown. Once the oil change was complete, I fired up the car and immediately all the valvetrain noise was gone :wah?!: :wah?!: The car was purring like a cat. I got in the car to check for motor response and man, it was revving so quickly. So without further pause, I took it out for a drive. Amazingly smooth and with a quick WOT manuever, my car torque steered so hard right and left :frogtongu AMAZING difference....

Now it was time to put some miles on the car. I decided to drive 70mph until the tank was almost empty. Here's the best result from the oil that I noticed I recorded the best gas mileage since owning the car. I drove 270 miles on 10 gallons of gas..That's 27mpg. :clap: :clap: So far I drove 600 miles with this oil and it looks brand new still.

Awesome product and I highly recommend getting some for your SRT-4. They sell the oil at Oreily's Auto parts. I spoke with Steve and you can order this oil online.

Great job Leading Edge.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Super Steve said:
Hey folks,

I decided to go with some different oil and my good buddy Steve Anderson is the CEO of Leading Edge Lubricants Racing oil. So I asked him for a case of his oil to try it out. Normally I stick to what works and Mobil 1 has always been the oil that I use in all my cars since its inception. Well I wanted to see if different oil really makes a difference. Well it did, read on.. :readclose

I combined 5 quarts of 10w/30w with a K&N oil filter. The 1st thing I noticed was how silky smooth the oil was. The color of this oil is golden, shiny brown. Once the oil change was complete, I fired up the car and immediately all the valvetrain noise was gone :wah?!: :wah?!: The car was purring like a cat. I got in the car to check for motor response and man, it was revving so quickly. So without further pause, I took it out for a drive. Amazingly smooth and with a quick WOT manuever, my car torque steered so hard right and left :frogtongu AMAZING difference....

Now it was time to put some miles on the car. I decided to drive 70mph until the tank was almost empty. Here's the best result from the oil that I noticed I recorded the best gas mileage since owning the car. I drove 270 miles on 10 gallons of gas..That's 27mpg. :clap: :clap: So far I drove 600 miles with this oil and it looks brand new still.

Awesome product and I highly recommend getting some for your SRT-4. They sell the oil at Oreily's Auto parts. I spoke with Steve and you can order this oil online.

Great job Leading Edge.. :thumbsup:
nice, thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

btw how does it taste, it must be yummy since its silky smooth with a golden shiny brown color. sounds tasty

·
Registered
696 Posts
Super Steve said:
You know that is funny. When I was pouring the oil in, I was thinking about tasting it. I was telling my buddy, "Man that oil looks good enough to eat."

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Super Steve said:
You know that is funny. When I was pouring the oil in, I was thinking about tasting it. I was telling my buddy, "Man that oil looks good enough to eat."

steve i get that way too, thats why i asked. hell one of my favorite things to taste is lock tite. it has a sweet taste

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
lol....this thread has gone downhill ray....I can't believe your not following the way of the warrior :(

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
NIVO88T said:
100% Synthetic Motor Oil Series 200
100% Synthetic base motor oil engineered for today's Hi-Tech high rpm 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines. Providing the industries highest level of anti-wear protection, film strength and lubrication. Exceptional horsepower torque and acceleration gains over the leading brand name motor oils, years of dynamometer testing prove it. Engineered to reduce friction wear and heat protecting all major engine components. Available in five different viscosities. Horsepower and torque gains at the wheels of 5 to 15 horsepower guaranteed.
Part#: 5w20, 5w30, 10w30, 10w40, 20w50.

i guess at 6.29 a quart is only about a dollar more than mobil 1. im ordering a case right now

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I there any dealers in Canada for this? I would like to order up a case but would be a little leary as shipping/boarder rape charges are never fun LOL.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Super Steve said:
Ant, I'll call Steve today and see if I can be the media man for this oil. The oil once again is sold on their website, but I think that I can get it a bit cheaper. Let me make some phone calls this morning and see what I can do...
steve before i order let me know if you can offer a better price

·
Registered
696 Posts
Does it really taste good though?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts