Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of launches are you guys using for those times you're posting. I am planning on going to the track tommorow and i rather have a little head start before incorparating my own ideas. Let me know

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
1700-2000 is max the least is what redram said

·
Registered
474 Posts
redram said:
Slip the clutch at 1500 to 1700 rpm :D
Man I hate you guys! :lol:

Getting a good launch at 1500-1700 rpm rocks! Your low-end torque is very impressive. That's my #1 complaint about my WRX. Below 3000 rpm... it's... how do you say... a dog! :)

Yes... AWD can make for really impressive launches (60ft time)... but you have to rev it pretty high... ~4000-5000 rpms and slip the clutch, or else you'll bog BADLY.

I don't know about you... but on the streets... I don't like reving my engine while waiting at the light... makes me feel like a punk or juvenile or "ricer"... guess I'm just getting old. But with my WRX, I have no choice if I care to get a jump on someone... heaven forbid I need to merge or get into a turn lane or something like that... not even talking street racing. Thankfully, most people aren't "toying" with me and just fall asleep at the sight of the green light and I can manage to get a jump on them across the intersection... especially when the turbo kicks in! :shock:

But I get beat all the time... by minivans, Hyundai's, Honda's, real POSs, just about anything... especially if it's an automatic... where the driver can just punch it with no clutch to mess with. Yes... I could rev launch and annihilate them... but since I don't like to sit at the light reving... I'm forced to wait till the light turns green before I rev and go... by this time... I'm already 2-3 cars behind... and if the person is "toying" with me... I'm now forced to play catch-up... which isn't too hard once the turbo kicks in... but on the streets where there are traffic lights... the normal speed limit is usually 35-45 mph. Any car even trying/"toying" against me (on the street) will beat me up to the speed limit and I'm forced to do a "ricer" style flyby... which I also feel is juvenile and don't like to do. So it annoys me when the dude in the POS sunbird automatic beats me up to the speed limit... must really make his day though! :roll:

Ahhhh well... I can't blame the car... it's a great car... and can be a real rocket when driven properly... which I do quite often! 8)

What's that old Carroll Shelby quote "if you got turbo lag... you ain't drivin' it right!" :D

It's the car and my driving style unfortuneately... they just don't seem like a perfect match. I would kill for your guy's low-end torque!

Don't feel sorry for me... I only bought the WRX to tide me over until the '04 SRT-4s come around. :p :p

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i take it you saw my sig ehh 8)

·
Registered
474 Posts
acr2nv said:
i take it you saw my sig ehh 8)
Yeah... that's where I saw it! You had the same signature quote from TurboDodge.com, right? Think that's where I saw it.

Sweet GLHS... if only my old GLHT where as cool! :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ahh, the beauty of American Grunt. Torque Rules!

Seriously, that's one reason I went with an SRT instead of a WRX. That kick in the balls controt your face pull of 250+ ft lbs at 2500rpm...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Meh I can't wait for the turbo upgrades, I need a turbo that spools faster and has more powa down low. Pre 3k rpm its dead, unless you drop the clutch.

Then again, I'm using this observation vs a 1.8T which is insta spool and leaves me playing catch up :twisted:

Anyone else notice the torque on the STG I is rated at what 2200/2400 rpm.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
ebbtide said:
Ahh, the beauty of American Grunt. Torque Rules!

Seriously, that's one reason I went with an SRT instead of a WRX. That kick in the balls controt your face pull of 250+ ft lbs at 2500rpm...
for those with EBC's, if you wanna feel a kick, turn the boost off, floor it in 2nd or 3rd, then turn it on! thats a kick!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Haha 4psi to 16psi bam!

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's the car and my driving style unfortuneately... they just don't seem like a perfect match. I would kill for your guy's low-end torque!

Don't feel sorry for me... I only bought the WRX to tide me over until the '04 SRT-4s come around.
I love the WRX but thats the only diffrence between the cars that leans me more thorweds the SRT-4, it just feels oh so good to have the car pull at 2500 rpm. And not having to down shift to pass someone, my driving style just doesnt' work with a WRX ethier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.