Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just pulling away from a stop sign (about half throttle) and I noticed behind me a HUGE puff of white smoke. I continued to drive and there was no more smoke. I noticed in my tailpipes a bit of white baked on stuff.

The car is completely stock, it only seems to happen (just tested) going around left turns a little harder then normal.

I checked my oil, looks fine. No drops on the dipstick.

Car is still to hot to pull the plugs, if it turns out that my headgasket is screwed. What should I expect from dodge? What are the limits for a compression test etc. I know there could be more serious problems, but I can't trust dodge to look in to this.

~40,000 km's. Services always done on time (good thing I hang on to my work orders)

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Here are your choices

Black smoke = fuel
Blue smoke = oil
White smoke = coolant
White smoke part 2 = tire smoke :)

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Also pull your plugs and they will tell you your story.

·
Registered
864 Posts
ok im having the same problem.... just started couple weeks ago after map clamp and fpr install....only when idling sometimes is starts smoking but if i rev up like 2 or 3 times it goes away but smells like burt oil or something...doesnt smell like coolant. wtf???

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
srt4power1 said:
ok im having the same problem.... just started couple weeks ago after map clamp and fpr install....only when idling sometimes is starts smoking but if i rev up like 2 or 3 times it goes away but smells like burt oil or something...doesnt smell like coolant. wtf???
you sure ur not runnin reaaaaaaaaaaaally rich ??? Do you have a cat?

·
Registered
864 Posts
well if i was running rich wouldnt it be black smoke? plus when i dynoed my af was at 11.8 -12.0

·
Registered
864 Posts
wannasupra said:
wow, your trader rating sucks
yes i know but i dont know how to fix it...someone posted bullshit on there that wasnt true.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I got my car back and I think they fixed the problem:

Apparently they said that there is nothing wrong with my car and everything is fine.

Issues I asked them to look at:

1) White smoke coming out of exhaust pipes, large clouds under boost (can't even see cars behind me)

2) Exhaust rattle

3) Power steering cooler shield hanging off (still is)

On my 'service' invoice it states that the car is normal. :jester:

:thumbsup:

The funny thing was when I went to pay for the 'diagnostic' fee there was another guy at the counter having problems with his car and was getting the same b.s. I was.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never gave an update, but I took it to another dealer and they changed my pcv valve and i'm not having an issue anymore.:eeeek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts