Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
After almost two years sourcing/waiting for tires they are here!

I also am finishing mounting all the accesories onto the engine before I drop it back in.

Also spent a few hours unraveling the mystery of the universe in wire form... Sure am glad I printed all 1400 pages of the factory service manual to help decipher it.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
You are, by far, the most worthwhile person to follow on these forums. That cage is incredible.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
How are those tires going to hook on the sand?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Tread doesn't help get traction there. The salt is like a bunch of fine crystals on top of a soft clay base. The traction is like loose gravel really. Also at 240+ mph you don't want alot of tread because that much rubber is alot of rotating weight which would pull the tire apart.

The tires are narrow because at high speeds a wider tire almost "hydroplanes" on the air.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Have everything I need but time. It has sat in the enclosed racing trailer for almost 2 years now without being touched. With Bonneville being not going off the last few years for salt conditions I have not had a lot of motivation for this. They did run this year though so maybe I should put it together for next year.... hmmm.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts