Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Meh. Back to crappy weather.
Tinkering around in the garage. Took a look under my newly acquired SRT-4 crossing my fingers. Found quite a bit of things that need to be replaced. Car is like missing all its splash shields pretty much. Oil return line that goes under the turbo is seeping. Must of not been installed correctly when he went back to factory turbo. There is a giant hole in the transmission near the slave cylinder... Oil pan gasket is seeping. Slight tear in CV boot on driver side. Trying to track down the exhaust leak that it has on the flexpipe. No bueno on that. Going to take the drivers side wheel off here in a bit and clean all the grease that had sprayed all over the rim/control arm, caliper etc. Needs a new rear wheel bearing and the rear struts look to be shot.

MPX timing belt kit and a new wideband I have acquired so far. Still waiting on the title. I bought the car February 23rd and yet to receive the title. So I legally can't drive it. Its just sitting. Going to cancel my insurance on it for the time being. :/

I will let you know Boostin when we can do that timing belt at your shop but right now I am waiting on the title.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
what's with all the snow? god's got alot of dandruff this year i guess? j/k

i dunno but i am getting tired of cold and white, ready to complain about hot and humid LOL

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
what's with all the snow? god's got alot of dandruff this year i guess? j/k

i dunno but i am getting tired of cold and white, ready to complain about hot and humid LOL
Unfortunately thats how Kansas/Missouri rolls. We get really cold ass winters and then its a flip of a switch and its super hot out. We don't get too much in between. :stab:

Car is all registered. :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ya I’m not worried about wet weather traction, tired of the stock pizza cutters lack of traction. I don't think I’ll ever own another set of BFG's, had the KDW 2's and hate them and the wet weather cannot be any worse than those.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Excited to go back on e70 next fill up! Will have to drive it like grandma though since there will still be 93 in the tank. Next fill up will be fun. :)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just going on mileage then? Mine is close to crapping out... Whenever I fill up CEL comes on stuck on full. Then after 50 miles or so CEL goes off and gauge starts to work. Its gradually getting worse. It says I only used a 1/4 tank... But I went 160 miles lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just going on mileage then? Mine is close to crapping out... Whenever I fill up CEL comes on stuck on full. Then after 50 miles or so CEL goes off and gauge starts to work. Its gradually getting worse. It says I only used a 1/4 tank... But I went 160 miles lol
Yup that's how it starts, and then it eventually stops at either full or empty. Ya I fill up around 180 miles all the time.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
heh.. well.. i'm still buildign my AR soooo be a while before i hit up the range.. all these parts hoarding SOB's with hundreds of the damn things and not letting any go is just driving up the prices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So are we going to be doing any meets this year? I could host a boost leak BBQ if everyone wants a meet. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I am down for that!
Thanks again Eric for the timing belt/ waterpump install. Car runs great. Now I need to trace down that exhaust leak...

21 - 40 of 270 Posts