Dodge SRT Forum banner

221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
the car in the top photos makes me want to strap driver of said car onto hood put car in drive next to a cliff and watch it drive off with timed detonators for a fiery explosion of death, dismemberment, and sheer fiery glory when it hits the bottom. I HATE that "herrafrush" crap. it's dangerous and downright stupid.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Yup. Mine has been bubbling for the past 4 years. Only on drivers side though. :( Luckily the bubbles are still silver. Got a quote like 2 years ago @ BF Bodyworks. $1800 for one side. lol

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
no rust here, but I can see where my driver door has been dragging a bit, may have to pull up on it & adj it

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
yeah mine bubbled on the rear door drivers side.. and now has a small hole in it too. been thinking about getting out the SawzAll and hitting up the junkyard for a dogleg.. I have a welder at home and have done panel replacement before (mostly rocker panels on old 60's and 70's chargers) so the suck part will be filler, primer, and blending..

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
I guess since I've never driven the car in the snow is what saved me...it's spent most of it's life in FL. This will be it's second winter, and prob sit again. Then next year I'll be in GA till who knows how long

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Trying to get the local SRT guys together again. Seems very hard to do, we are very busy people. Saturday the 13th but I thought I would give it a shot to see what kind of interest there is in this:
http://www.flykci.com/cruise

I went to it like 4 years ago and it was a nice showing of cars. Helps that it is free too.

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
it's actually next Saturday, on the 13th, so it'll give some people time. You already know I'm going. I'm going to try to bring one or two more from Riley, but I do have other cars (makes) coming with me

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
well.. the family and I took the SRT on vacation to Kentucky... 11 hours in the skittle is just too damn much in one go LOL

will definitely be adding more sound suppression to the exhaust.. the buzzing at 3K on the highway hours on end will drive you bonkers.

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
I can imagine...I have nothing but a muffler, and next year I'll be making the trek to GA in the neon

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
I can imagine...I have nothing but a muffler, and next year I'll be making the trek to GA in the neon
That will be a LONG journey. A buddy and I took my SRT-4 to Kalamazoo, MI for my S3 kit, then to Chicago and back in the dead of winter. Not sure what exhaust I was running, I think it was the MPX single outlet. Not too much drone. Was a fun trip, but Chicago's roads were horrible. Had to dodge potholes everywhere.

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Well, the closest thing coming up that is on a Saturday and Sunday is a autocross/solo event at heartland park, October 11-12. I'll put up a link tomorrow morning

221 - 240 of 270 Posts