Dodge SRT Forum banner

What clor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gena be for slicks, so i know both are ugly, but it's the only 2 choices to pick from... I'm leaning more towards silver...

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
silver :thumbsup: because you can't get gunmetal!!! :crying:

·
Administrator
39,212 Posts
white, strip them and powder coat matte black.

That's what I'm thinking of doing but in 17s for the street.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
stowaway said:
white, strip them and powder coat matte black.

That's what I'm thinking of doing but in 17s for the street.
either color and i like the idea of power coating them. you know i can do that for you now. lol and the oven is big enough for it also.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh hell yeah doug, didn't even consider that...

·
Registered
25 Posts
dont strip them, just lightly sand them and wipe them down with a strong solvent like MEK, provided they are already powder coated like most rims are. that will give you an excellent base to throw on a second coat of powder in the color of your choice (i.e dark silver like your street rims). stripping powdercoat is a very time consuming job even with a blasting cabinet, especially on rims.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
Gena be for slicks, so i know both are ugly, but it's the only 2 choices to pick from... I'm leaning more towards silver...
I got K-1s in silver. My car is silver and I still have the stock silver rims. SO SILVER IT IS! WHITE RIMS :gay: IMO

·
Administrator
39,212 Posts
flame_red_04 said:
dont strip them, just lightly sand them and wipe them down with a strong solvent like MEK, provided they are already powder coated like most rims are. that will give you an excellent base to throw on a second coat of powder in the color of your choice (i.e dark silver like your street rims). stripping powdercoat is a very time consuming job even with a blasting cabinet, especially on rims.
the k1's are listed as painted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts