Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this very same thread in the Drag Racing section because I had no idea if we had a Kills Section on the forum. I will post here as well so we could possible encourage more people to meet up on certain nights. Anyways,...

It's been an interesting week thus far. Got my car running at its best at 3:00AM to have a Saleen 281 S/C Mustang roll up to me the very next day. The kid in the passenger seat looks over and laughs at my little ol' neon as we both hit it from a second gear roll. I spin and eventually getting traction I start to pull away. We catch the next light and the driver says, "I was going to buy one of those!" I told him he should and that was that.

At about 10PM I get out of work and on my way home stopped at a local parking lot where a bunch of kids hang out where I get the chance to race a Red ACR with a 30r. We hit the highway and do two second gear pulls; each time I pull on him by 2-3 cars and that was that. (There will be a re-match b/c the SRT did not have enough fuel and was only running 15psi. This turbo should wake up around 20+psi so I told him when he was ready we would go at it again.)

Tonight I get out of work and stop by the lot again where there is a 337 Gti with a Gt28r wanting to run it. Of what I had heard the car was a 300whp car all day long at 22psi. He told me he was at only 17psi so I told him to crank up the boost and lets hit the highway. We raced 3 times in which I put 2-3 cars on him as well.

Since running meth and adding a new intercooler I am very pleased with how my car runs. I was amazed at how fast the car gets to 120MPH.

I had plans to do a 50trim but instead I think I am going to find a setup with a quick spool even if the power range suffers a bit.

*****There are a lot of cars that meet up on Tuesday nights in Milford, CT right off the Merrit or I-95. If a couple people are down to meet up next week let me know,...we usually get a pretty good crowd.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
GSX911 said:
*****There are a lot of cars that meet up on Tuesday nights in Milford, CT right off the Merrit or I-95. If a couple people are down to meet up next week let me know,...we usually get a pretty good crowd.
hmm maybe i'll bring some of my guys up from danbury :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
what mods do you have :D

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
so u beat a gt30r srt4 @ 15 psi with just minor bolt ons? nice :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chzoom said:
so u beat a gt30r srt4 @ 15 psi with just minor bolt ons? nice :D
Pretty much. I wouldn't have called it a race do to the fact that the car was making 2/3's the power it should be. Rematch soon with Vid.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
gti's are slow...specially silver ones with ex srt4 owners driving them :thumbsup:

·
Banned
40,227 Posts
the only kills I have is this POS:

damn thing doesn't spend more than 2 weeks on the road before I have to park it for a month......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts