Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you guys may have seen this already but I am going to post it anyway. Take a look at like the third post down. 27k!?!?!?! Is he aware he could have an Evolution or a modded out WRX for that much?

http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79839

-faast

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yeah, I've seen this thread on the org. Thankfuklly, he seems to have come to his senses now :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
well....first off i couldn't get an evo for that much....they are gonna be over 30k.....and i am now gettting one for 23k out the door taxes and all......where is your srt ??????

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
silversrt4 said:
well....first off i couldn't get an evo for that much....they are gonna be over 30k.....and i am now gettting one for 23k out the door taxes and all......where is your srt ??????
23k out the door is a much better price. Next time, try buying it for yourself :) You better be nice to grandma

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silversrt4 said:
Somebody needs to smack you up the head boy for being that stupid. I'm not trying to be an ass here but you really are a dumbass, because if all those guys hadn't said otherwise, you would have paid 27k for that SRT. I know people who have signed contracts for EVO's for 27k, so it is possible. I don't have an SRT because my grandma isn't going to buy a car for me and I'm not some spoiled brat. I'm too busy paying for school to worry about what car I am going to get.

-faast

·
Registered
726 Posts
Slow5OH said:
silversrt4 said:
Somebody needs to smack you up the head boy for being that stupid. I'm not trying to be an ass here but you really are a dumbass, because if all those guys hadn't said otherwise, you would have paid 27k for that SRT. I know people who have signed contracts for EVO's for 27k, so it is possible. I don't have an SRT because my grandma isn't going to buy a car for me and I'm not some spoiled brat. I'm too busy paying for school to worry about what car I am going to get.

-faast
I'm not hating on someone because they're fortunate...life is just too short for that. I do hope he appreciates how lucky he is for having such a generous Grandmother though, and in turn appreciates the car too.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not hating on someone because they're fortunate...life is just too short for that. I do hope he appreciates how lucky he is for having such a generous Grandmother though, and in turn appreciates the car too.
This is true, but I draw the line when someone is bragging about a car their parents/grandparents bought them and then try to disrespect other people who aren't as fortunate. I'd rather roll my 10 year old Legacy than think I'm the shit because I have a nice car that I didn't buy. I'm not going to lie, I'd take a free car if someone wanted to give it to me, but I sure as hell wouldn't rub other people's noses in it. That being said, I have no respect for this kid and I'd am willing to bet he'll total it within the first six months, hopefully he doesn't kill someone in the process.

-faast

·
Registered
726 Posts
Slow5OH said:
This is true, but I draw the line when someone is bragging about a car their parents/grandparents bought them and then try to disrespect other people who aren't as fortunate.

-faast
Guess I missed that part...sorry if I'm guilty of not reading before engaging my mouth (happens to the best of us sometimes :wink: )

All the same, I guess I'm just an eternal optimist. I hope he'll turn it around and follow the cool path.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well.......i do have to pay for like 13k of the car.......but i get most of that selling my gst that I BOUGHT.....and I BOUGHT my first car too.....and yes...i do and have taken care of every car i've owned.......you can crack on me all you want.......i have followed this car since they were talkin about superchargin it like my junior year in high school and everyone in my family knows this and they know that i am a neon enthusiast (my first car was a neon)....i'm a freshman in college now and they are actually coming out and my grandmother is helpin me buy it as long as i maintain a 3.0 GPA

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a 3.8, think they'll buy me one too?

-faast

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey man i asked her for ya........she said..."no i wont buy a car for a d*ckhead"......... :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
and do you not get the point that she is ONLY HELPING ME PAY FOR THE CAR.....SHE IS NOT BUYING IT AND GIVIN IT TO ME......learn how to pay attention!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
damn man, its ok... calm down! 8)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
silversrt4 said:
and do you not get the point that she is ONLY HELPING ME PAY FOR THE CAR.....SHE IS NOT BUYING IT AND GIVIN IT TO ME......learn how to pay attention!!!!
I just love to antagonize people.....ahah anyway uh so how much are you paying on this car you say you are buying? 1k or 2k maybe? Thats nothing.
-faast

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
What are you paying for your car in total? Honestly, if your paying over 2k for it, your seriously risking hurting the rest of us. Even if my grandma offered to pay 27K, I would tell her no b/c the price is NOT WORTH IT. Your basically throwing 5K-6K down the drain when you can spend it on mods for the car or even beer or strip clubs, taking out the lovely ladies (I'm your age too, so I know what you do :lol: ). That's cool that your grandma is HELPING you out, (I wish my grandparents were still alive to help me too :cry: ). I have also been following this car Janurary 2001, b/c that's when I first got into supping up my Neon, but I don't see the SRT-4 worth 27/25/22K, whatever it is. Now I'm trying to give you my view of the situation; I'm not trying to make you the laughing stock of the town or put you down. If you have a problem, PM me, don't post it cause you'll further irritate the argument.

-Spittz

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I think we can stop chastizing him now. He stated something one way and I think everyone assumed the worst and he was flamed. Can anyone on here prevent someone else from paying more than MSRP? No! Should anyone pay more than MSRP? No! I've gotta admit, when I read his post on the other board, it rubbed me the wrong way. Parents buy cars for their kids all the time. If his grandmother wants to help him out because he's doing well in school, whats the big deal. I think you got flamed because the post you made sounded like you were bragging about paying more than MSRP because your grandmother was helping you out. It sounded like you were taking advantage of her generosity. You've stated the whole story now, and I think we can move on to the next subject like "When are the damn SRT 4's getting here??"

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Originally, it bothered me because it sounded like he was bragging about taking advantage of his grandmother's generosity. I could care less if he pays more than MSRP. Yes, they should be arriving anyday now. Luckily I found a dealer who is more interested in getting customers for life instead of a quick sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm getting the car for 23 out the door and to my house.....tags, taxes ...the whole nine....... oh and to slow5oh or whatever....i'm paying for 13 thousand of the car...(if i would have gotten one for 27k...i would have had to pay for 17 thousand)......also all my insurance and everything else.....so quit hatin' on me because i am getting something that i want.....i came to my senses thanks to a couple of people pointing out that there were some cheaper that what i was going to pay.......

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Next :roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts