Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new to my car. new to the forums. I've got the standard single disk/non kicker setup in the little fella. The head unit is fine for my needs, but the speakers are pretty thin. no shocker there. I'd like to crack it open and put in a PIE CHRY02-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter that someone was talking about last week for iPod use, but more importantly get a little more thump out of the trunk, so to speak. I don't need much, I'm not competing, and i could give a rat's about what it sounds like outside. And I'd like to take up as little room as possible. I found this kenwood -

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZoeTrX...51000&I=113WA62RC&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=

it's pretty slim - probably intended to go under a seat. I'm pretty sure it won't fit under mine, so I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on good placement. Or alternative subs. Thanks.

And I know crutchfield is way expensive. Good for research, though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the Basslink was going to be my second choice. Don't worry, wasn't thinking about the Kicker. The Kenwood doesn't seem like it would punch as hard as the Basslink, but it is smaller and cheaper. Empahsis on smaller. Like I said, I don't need much, and I really want to eat as little space as possible. But a recomendation on the Basslink helps. I'll definitely check it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about the Kicker system - don't have it - not sure if the Basslink is better than the kicker to warrant the swap.

But back to the Kenwood - I was looking on some stereo forums, and one guy reviewing it said he easily installed it under the front passenger seat of his Impreza. I've got the normal high back seats - this thing is 15-1/8"W x 4-3/8"H x 8-3/16"D. Think it'll fit in my car? I've looked under there, and don't see how it could. But I would love it if it would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts