Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Kenwood Excelon KVT-717DVD http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9Ea98SkX42O/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&I=113717DVD

and for some reason the other day it just wont work... the touch screen doesnt work the front faceplate buttons wont work... the screen pops up with the buttons still but no workie! i just dont know what to do... ive reset it multiple times... checked and rechecked the wires and harness to the control box... would this be an easy fix? or should i try to sell it? i would really like to keep it but otherwise i just dont know what to do...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sounds like the IC chip is out of it which is very common. I started to have way too many of the Kenwoods come in bad out of the box so I stopped carrying them a few years ago. Contact Kenwood or the place you bought if from.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
yeah its probably the cable that connects to the flip out screen my avic did the same thing i had souund but no functions and no display

on a seperate note poncho how much you think it is to get teh avic fixed i know what the problem is just curious if it is worth it to get fixed

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
well, I dunno. What I've been seeing lately in video is that it's all throw away stuff. Usuaully they have the IC circuits so overloaded to save money that it's a pain and usually expensive to repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts