Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep this in mind next time you want to go take down that Civic that's always bugging you....

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=79f1701337843c8024a442c7f9596f2d&threadid=69260&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

RIP

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
it is sad to see. but street racing will never stop no matter how many people get killed. so all the fighting about how street racing is stupid will do nothing. street racing is illegal, but so is speeding. how many people on the enthusiast boards have not sped on public roads? 0. even though they know its illegal they still do it, so acting high and mighty about one illegal activity while doing another is pretty pointless.

btw, this is not directed at you. :wink:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lifeisdeath said:
it is sad to see. but street racing will never stop no matter how many people get killed. so all the fighting about how street racing is stupid will do nothing. street racing is illegal, but so is speeding. how many people on the enthusiast boards have not sped on public roads? 0. even though they know its illegal they still do it, so acting high and mighty about one illegal activity while doing another is pretty pointless.

btw, this is not directed at you. :wink:
How often does someone die directly from speeding as opposed to street racing?

-faast

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I'm geussing more die speeding because the pool of participants is much, much larger. It does not get written up as such, because speed is usually listed as a factor, but not the prime factor. Not to mention that you don't have the tradegy factor that you do with young people. That attracts the newspeople.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GLHS837 said:
I'm geussing more die speeding because the pool of participants is much, much larger. It does not get written up as such, because speed is usually listed as a factor, but not the prime factor. Not to mention that you don't have the tradegy factor that you do with young people. That attracts the newspeople.
Alright then look at it on a per capita basis. You've got 1000 speeders and 1000 street racers. I'll put money on the fact that you're gonna have more dead street racers by percentage than speeders. Street racing in itself is a much more dangerous activity, and deadly.

-faast

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
BOTH Sides of this is valid.

Problem occurs when *racers* do now know the limits of their car or when to STOP.
Racing is illegal, speeding is illegal, DUI is illegal.
I just totalled my car last week, hitting a DRUNK DRIVER. I was doing 70MPH, limit 65MPH....do you think speeding was the cause?

He spends on night in jail, and moves on to do it again, until he finally kills someone....his 11th time.

I have done some spirited driving at times, ONLY on 2-4 lane one way empty roads, and I *KNOW* the limits of my vehicle.

I hope this kid recovers, but its SAD to know this is the 6th one and yet still they continue to do it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Slow5OH said:
GLHS837 said:
Alright then look at it on a per capita basis. You've got 1000 speeders and 1000 street racers. I'll put money on the fact that you're gonna have more dead street racers by percentage than speeders. Street racing in itself is a much more dangerous activity, and deadly.

-faast
1000 of each, yep, you're gonna have more dead racers. My point was that in the population of the US, you have way more speeders than street racers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the idiots. As has been stated, you must know the condidtions, and your and your machines capabilities.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I like to play with people up to and around the speed limit. I DO NOT street race or will ever. I leave my racing and challenges to the race track, where most things are under control. I’m sorry to hear of another kid in the hospital, there are too many kids who are young, inexperienced, and and drive way abouv there driving ability or the cars ability. A lot of the cars that kids street race are not made for speed in the first place, let alone they are driven this way and can’t take it. Lets please be carful and not become one of these statistics.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
:cry: This is a copy of my post on Club RSX's forum. You should've seen this coming with a screen name like RUgoinup.

"I saw this terrible news on srtforums.com and I too would like to offer my condolences to Bert's family and friends. This also needs to be said. I hope Bert had insurance, not health, not life, but afterlife insurance. We will all die someday and we don't know when, so let's all be prepared before it happens. If ANYONE asks Jesus to forgive them of all their sins, then does the best they can to turn away from those sins, and has a real friendship with Him, they will have afterlife insurance (a place in Heaven). God loves us all and will help us through times of sorrow, but He also wants us to be prepared for the next life. I didn't post this to start an argument, I posted it because I truly care about all people even those that may ridicule me. God bless!"

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RUgoinup said:
:cry: This is a copy of my post on Club RSX's forum. You should've seen this coming with a screen name like RUgoinup.

"I saw this terrible news on srtforums.com and I too would like to offer my condolences to Bert's family and friends. This also needs to be said. I hope Bert had insurance, not health, not life, but afterlife insurance. We will all die someday and we don't know when, so let's all be prepared before it happens. If ANYONE asks Jesus to forgive them of all their sins, then does the best they can to turn away from those sins, and has a real friendship with Him, they will have afterlife insurance (a place in Heaven). God loves us all and will help us through times of sorrow, but He also wants us to be prepared for the next life. I didn't post this to start an argument, I posted it because I truly care about all people even those that may ridicule me. God bless!"
Well the one fortunate aspect we have to look at this is, at least he didn't take anybody else with him(that we know of). It could have been a helluva lot worse. :(

-faast

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
rugoinup, Amen, Brother!!!! The big word in this whole discussion ,IMO, is "KID" what about Parents? getting there youngsters these hotrods when they have only 2-5 years experience behind the wheel or allowing it inyways. it is a real shame that this happins.I Guess thats why kids pay $2700 a year for insurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bet if people "race" until the speed limit not too many people would die from racing. Speeding is what really gets them, because they speed when they race, and speed causes them to loose control. Racing is just excessive speeding. So speeding takes a bigger tall because most of the racing accidents are really speeding(more than regular speeding) accidents.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
im only 19, but i make sure i know my car very very well before i push it to the limit, thats only when it is safe ie the conditions, weather, traffic and such. I know i have never driven anything close to having the power of the srt-4 and it will probably challenge me at first.......I tend to pride myself in my driving ability but thats becasue I make sure i know my limits of myself and my car be fore taking any kind of risk........and if it involved putting other people in danger then i wount do it, i personally couldnt live with myself knowing i killed someone becasue i was being a jackass........my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
nebix said:
I bet if people "race" until the speed limit not too many people would die from racing. Speeding is what really gets them, because they speed when they race, and speed causes them to loose control. Racing is just excessive speeding. So speeding takes a bigger tall because most of the racing accidents are really speeding(more than regular speeding) accidents.
exactly, and it isnt always speding that kills but it is a large factor. if he was racing to 55 would he have lost control? probably not. if he was racing to 100 would he have lost control? sounds like thats what happened. so the speed was the contributing factor along with driver error (not knowing how to drive fast).

you dont even have to be speeding to get into an accident, like was said about the drunk driver. anytime you get on the road you are taking your life in your hands. be careful everytime, know your and your cars limitations, try to keep it away from cars.

street racing has been going on for decades, this is nothing new. it just seems like you hear alot more about it now, i guess because of the internet and message boards. point was, there is no need to argue on here about street racing vs. take it to the track. street racing will always happen, just like drunk driving will always happen.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
we hear about it more thats for sure

it happens more because of stupid movies stirring up the stupid masses to do stupid things in mass quantity.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
23 Participants
Broken5hifT
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing