Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kaminari makes more that just body kits and wings, they make cool vented hoods as well. We're talking real, functional vents and not just a look a like vent. If you've never seen one of these bad boys up close they are a real work of art. Probably the best mass produced carbon hoods I've ever seen. We're not talking about one of those cheap hoods with blemishes and waves in the carbon rows. These are truely professional grade. We have used thier hoods before on our project cars and were very happy with the finished product, especially after it was subjected to the intence AZ heat and sun for a year. Nice and smooth, and the best part is the jell coat allows for small scratches and knicks to be buffed out.

Carbon pattern is done in a 2x2 twill with the rows as straight as an arrow. The edges are finished in a gloss black border for a clean finished look and all hoods are hand laid one at a time.

We have seen alot of carbon fiber products in our time and honestly we can say the Kaminari makes some of the best in the entire industry. This is a real show piece. If your building a show stopper this is the hood you want, not some cheap one off piece. Kaminari USA covers each component with a lifetime limited warranty. All hoods are made to order, lead time is about 2 weeks.

Price $870

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
......considering the next highest cf hood is like 600 bucks.......kaminari can keep their hood......

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
boostedneonsrt4 said:
......considering the next highest cf hood is like 600 bucks.......kaminari can keep their hood......

True, this hood is more expensive. And yes, the next price hood is $600 (which is the going rate for a decent carbon hood) but like I said in the description, this is a high quality piece and not something made in someone's garage after work. They also make the hood in plan unpainted fiberglass for a few hundered $ cheaper. In some cases a painted fiberglass hood looks better but really it depends upon the owner of the car.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've seen this hood in person and it really is beautiful. I'd sell myself for this hood. It really is that nice. See one for yourself and then say it's not worth it...

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you'd sell yourself for this hood. Hmmm...I guess that'd work for me if I wasn't a dude, but either way, your right about the quality.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
carbon fiber from fiber images is EXCELLENT cf and only costs like, 560

so....870...they better lower that price.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
keikeisrt4 said:
yeah i think that car is ugly ass hell ahah my 2 cents
I'm sure its engine bay looks better then yours
HAHA my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Most important ? is whats it weigh?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
too much $

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
looks like you need to drill your own holes for the windshield washer jets? As nice of a hood as that is, i wouldn't spend that much on it just to have to drill into it for the jets. :ninja:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
pics of the underside?

·
Registered
504 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
looks like you need to drill your own holes for the windshield washer jets? As nice of a hood as that is, i wouldn't spend that much on it just to have to drill into it for the jets. :ninja:
Not everyone who actually shows their car competetively wants extra holes in their perfectly laid carbon fiber. They are probably laid out for drilling on the underside anyway.
Any comment on that Vivid?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
i'd rather not have the holes there. never, repeat, never liked the fact that your smooth shiny hood (stock or cf) is broken up by two little black wax-catchers that could have easily been provisioned under the cowl or on the wipers (like subie).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
was just putting in my .02 cents. :flame:

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Midnight Turbo said:
Not everyone who actually shows their car competetively wants extra holes in their perfectly laid carbon fiber. They are probably laid out for drilling on the underside anyway.
Any comment on that Vivid?

Usually Kaminari, like most other carbon hood makers, don't drill out the holes for that particular reason. Some people dont reuse the wind shield squirters. They usually have an indentation inthe hood whare the holes go but it's up to you to reinstall them. I have done this at least 10 times for customers and it takes about 10 min, and a dremel tool that's it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Any pics of the underside of the hood??? IF it trully vent like the stock unit does to the back over the turbo and not just directly into the hood then I might pop the extra bucks for this hood.

·
Registered
849 Posts
This hood channels air just like the stock hood only the scoop is much bigger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts