Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I still am looking into the correct oil filter for the SRT-4, I had a friend examine the wide choices from 1XXX to the 2XXX series on exact match internally with the MOPAR or Champion filter.

Well, with great embarrassement on my behalf in what I thought was the closes to the MOPAR OEM, it was Silverbullet #2009 version that is exact as the Champion filter (internal design). Remembering a previous e-mail explaining that she purchased that number, he showed me the internals and the number.

Kudos to Silverbullet for her keen eyes.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
so how much was IT?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Wow. Did I win an SRT-4? When can I pick it up? :lol: :lol:

Pictures of my first oil change at http://srt4.thebatanesislands.com (click on "my srt-4")

8)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
SilverBullet said:
acr2nv said:
so how much was IT?
$9.94 for the hp-1002. Same price for the hp-2009. Got them at Advance Auto Parts in my area.
Whoa! A girl that knows how to change oil, and choose the correct filter! :twisted:
NOTE: we need a bow down emoction here :)

Good to know...my first oil change will be sometime this weekend.

Cali

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverBullet said:
Wow. Did I win an SRT-4? When can I pick it up? :lol: :lol:

Pictures of my first oil change at http://srt4.thebatanesislands.com (click on "my srt-4")

8)
Yeap. We need a bowed down emoticon here.

I will have to change it out tomorrow - AGAIN.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I had to use a funnel when I did mine! I found it easier to do the oil plug before the filter. just a pref.

Dude, I'm a male! :roll: :lol: Last time I checked, I was.

My gf will be the one installing the ATP UPP and HKS BOV. She wants to do it...so oh well... :cry: (poor car)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
SilverBullet said:
I had to use a funnel when I did mine! I found it easier to do the oil plug before the filter. just a pref.

My gf will be the one installing the ATP UPP and HKS BOV. She wants to do it...so oh well... :cry: (poor car)
Whoopss....I thought u were male until hemi posted and called you a she....confidently I may add :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yea, when I find a girl that not only knows about fast cars, but can change her own oil, i'll marry her. Not that they don't exist, but their damn rare...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
anyone know which mobil 1 oil filter is the right one? (not that there is anything wrong with K&N, just curious) :idea:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SilverBullet said:

Whoops, sorry. I simply apologized...

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
You guys have issues!!!! :shock: There is something wrong when you mistake another forum member for a woman and then everyone hits on her/him. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what private messages are for. Don't ask, don't tell.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
ebbtide said:
Yea, when I find a girl that not only knows about fast cars, but can change her own oil, i'll marry her. Not that they don't exist, but their damn rare...
I guess I'm kinda' lucky then. 8) I can't really argue with her on things about cars. SHE STUDIES THEM and took automotive classES. Great! Now, I feel like a total wuss. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
12 Participants
Turbolag87
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing