Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am looking at buying a new car. Either a Spec V, a Mazdaspeed Protege, or an SRT-4. I currently work at a Dodge Dealership, so...you guessed what my primary choice is.

Also, if anyone needs any parts at cost + 10%, don't hesitate to PM me.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Funny, i'm in exactly the same boat as you are Templar. In june i'm going to be in the market for a car, and at first i was set on a Spec-v. Unfortunatly, the more i read about turboing that car, the more likely it will destroy the motor. Then i heard of a SRT-4, and my eyes were opened ( :shock: ). Let me know what you eventually get Templar , but i'm 90% positive i'm going to go with the SRT-4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually am a BusinessLink Rep...and as such can get quite the hookup.

I am very very serious with the parts thing. Even if you want a new car, I can get you invoice + 300, no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
can you get me invoice +300 in md? :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Welcome Templar!

Does it bother anyone else here when people don't respond when you welcome or congratulate them? I mean, when someone congratulates you in person don't most people say thanks? :roll:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ahhhh...I feel wanted now. :) j/k! I just sent out the ONLY SRT-4 valve cover available in the US to ShaneHale in Cali. (All other valve covers are on backorder and no other dealer shows one in stock :( ) It was soo tempting to keep it for myself and get it powdercoated for when my SRT-4 arrives, but I am too nice of a guy. Hope you enjoy the valve cover Shane ;) Well, my hi-jacking is finished. Now off to bed to dream about the SRT-4. Can you guys believe I pulled a 13.5 1/4 mile in my brand new SRT-4? Amazing how fast you can be in your own dreams, LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Welcome to the board that never sleeps. Have to repeat what others said, don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're really afraid of getting flamed, or think the question is too simple, PM me, or any of the regulars, and we'll help in private.

Again...WELCOME !

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'd take the Mazdaspeed Protege if you can find one. The Neon would be a close second. Both are great cars, but I'd prefer a handling edge to a power edge. But both can be improved on either car.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Mazdaspeed Protege: http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0301scc_20gsmazda/index.html
The Mazdaspeed Protegé gives up 73 hp and a 100 lb-ft of torque to the overendowed SRT-4. The fact is, none of this car's test numbers, not even its winning handling numbers, do justice to the Protegé's true capabilities.
The key to appreciating the Mazdaspeed Protegé is to take it as a whole. This car lets you blend acceleration, handling and braking into one seamless and very fast dance. The Mazdaspeed Protegé's crowning jewel is the Tochigi Fuji Sangyo conical ring torque-sensing limited-slip differential.

Sentra Spec V:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0301scc_20gsnissan/index.html
Despite numerous personality faults, the SE-R Spec-V continues to be a favorite. It is, in many ways, clumsy, but it tries so hard, we can't help but like it. The Spec-V in this test had seen better days. The gearbox was full of crunch and the engine full of ping. On the dyno, we had to roll onto the throttle gently to avoid a strange, transient knock problem. Regardless, power output was among the healthiest we've seen for a Spec-V. The crunchy gearbox added a lot of time to the quarter mile, however. We saw 15.9 seconds with this car, but have seen 15.5 from healthier examples.
Despite numerous personality faults, the SE-R Spec-V continues to be a favorite. It is, in many ways, clumsy, but it tries so hard, we can't help but like it.

I realize this is just a magazine review. Keep an open mind when reading.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
drizze99 said:
uh oh, I just noticed you drive a Civic! :shock:
(j/k :lol: )

Do you work for a particular dealer or Dodge in general?
A dealership located in Albany. It shouldn't be hard to find it, since the Dodge website says all of the BusinessLink ones, and the closest to Albany other than mine is like 75 miles away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
fasterfwd
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing