Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a great car!! It was an '04, with the LS1 (350hp) and a 4-speed auto, and it was still impressive. From 60-100, that thing will flat-out haul ass for a stock V-8. So, I may be trading the SRT in shortly. They only want $28k for it and I think it is worth every penny. I've got my choice of black or red (both with black leather interiors and automatics). I just wish it had the trunk space of the SRT... Who needs a fuckin' trunk anyway!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not into modifying cars anymore. However it sits on the showroom is how it stays till I get rid of it. The car stickers for $35.3; I think $28k is a totally fair price for that car. I figure, I can't lose either way; but I'm going to sleep on it...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Dad placed an order for one today. An '05 silver 6-speed with a red leather interior. It should arrive right at X-mas time. But at $37k, it's WAY outside my budget. The 350hp and auto is fine with me.

·
Registered
798 Posts
TRADER!!! Lets go test drive that GTO against my SRT before I have to leave and change your mind. I e-mailed you and never got a response back jack ass. Guess the under dash neon lights and graphics didn't give you the h.p. numbers you wanted out of your SRT.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok I have to bust you balls a little. First of all I called pontiac directly yesterday and they told me everything they knew about the 05. Production started on sept. 13 and you should look for gto's to start hitting the lots 8 weeks from start of production. Secondly whoever told you the gto is 37k was wrong. Pontiac told me they have not yet released that information because they are trying to push the 04's off the car lots. And last but not least if you are interested in an 04 I know a dealer that will sell you whatever color combo you want in either stick or auto for 28k, pm me if you want there number. They told me they would deliver it for that price.( I live 400 miles from that dealer) Why do I know this?? Because as soon as the 05 comes out my srt is gone. I have been researching the gto for months and regularly revisit all the gto sites to get the most up to date info.

·
Registered
299 Posts
P.S. Don't believe me? Call 1-800-762-2737 and ask them yourself. If you want a brochure on the 05 call that number and request one, as they were more then happy to send me one.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That I'm not sure of I would give em a call and see. By the way projected times for the ls2 powered gto
0-60 4.6 manual
0-60 4.8 auto

That is the same time as an 04 vette. Plus the interior kicks ass.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I'm only going with what the dealership told me. His first allocation for '05s begins in December, and I assumed that it would be the same for other dealers nationwide. Also, Pontiac has not released pricing as of 1 pm today, but after several phone calls he made an educated guess at roughly 37k, with an an invoice price of $2,200 less.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The power is there but the GTO looks like a 20% oversize 2003 Cavalier, high and narrow. What happened to "Wide Track"? I drove one, looked at it again and left. Went back to the dealer on a Sunday and looked again and I can't do it, I won't spend $30,000 on a car that looks like a oversize Cavalier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
man i dont know what u see in that fat pig GTO...i test drove one and it cant pull shit against a SRT-4...i bet if u get a stage 2 on a srt-4 it'll kill a GTO with no problem....dude its all up to you they are nice carz nd all but i think the srt-4 is 100 times better and cheaper too ;) but whatever u choose i wish u the best of luck

·
Registered
409 Posts
I bet the SRT can beat it at the gas pump with no problems. hehe Not sure what a Ls1 gets for milage this days but I'm sure it can't beat my 31mpg I just got on my SRT. But, good luck and it is a bad ass car no doubt!

·
Registered
873 Posts
SofaKingFast said:
I bet the SRT can beat it at the gas pump with no problems. hehe Not sure what a Ls1 gets for milage this days but I'm sure it can't beat my 31mpg I just got on my SRT. But, good luck and it is a bad ass car no doubt!
my father has an 02 SS and he is having a gaz milage a good (or bad) as my srt-4...

And for those who thinks a GTO is slower than a srt-4, OPEN YOUR EYES !!!
It is a mid 13 car STOCK... no stages, no nothing.... And since it's a v8 with two an a half time our displacement, it won't be long until someone get one in the low 12 in a streatable setup....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.