321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
so badass
i wanted to widen mine and may do something similar to this instead of what i was originally planning
Those tires are huuuuuggggeeee
where did you find the rims ive been looking (for wider but maybe not 285 wide) but cant find a good set with the lug pattern to match that arent rep's

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Thanks man. It's a never ending work in progress...

I found both sets of my wheels on the Internet. All you have to do is search.

My first set of wheels for the widebody were 18x9.5 +22. The 5 spoke set in the last 3 pictures of this thread are 18x10.25 +20. The tire size I used on both sets is 285/30-18.

Decide on a specific size and brand/model of tire and then you can decide what size wheels will be sufficient to properly fit your tire. Then you can start searching for wheels with the proper offset, bolt pattern and style for you.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Ok, you have my attention!!! Are you going to be making your stock rear 1/4" wider, or are you going to ad a form fitting flare made of ????:|

I'm making the stock quarter wider. No more flares for me. The new piece is steel, so I'll be cutting out the old skin and welding in the new piece. I'll have to fab my own wheel well and adjust the new skin for the bumper, but overall the arch should match the front fenders pretty close.

Although now it's looking like there might not be space for it in the shop this winter, so it might get pushed back until late next year. :(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
No updates unfortunately. After a falling out with a friend, I don't have the space to do the work that needs to be done. I've been on the lookout for a house for around a year now, but the market up here is so terrible that nothing has met all the qualifications within my price range.

Once the ball finally gets rolling, this should only be a one winter project from start to finish. But as of right now, that's all riding on whether I'm able to find a suitable workspace.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No updates unfortunately. After a falling out with a friend, I don't have the space to do the work that needs to be done. I've been on the lookout for a house for around a year now, but the market up here is so terrible that nothing has met all the qualifications within my price range.

Once the ball finally gets rolling, this should only be a one winter project from start to finish. But as of right now, that's all riding on whether I'm able to find a suitable workspace.
Well, that's all quite unfortunate. If and when you get the ball rolling on this, there are a number of us who'd love to see the results. So, in spite of how dead this forum seems, please don't forget about us. If it turns out well enough, I'd be willing to pay for some molds of the rear. That's of course assuming you'd be willing to make and sell them. Anyway, best of luck man.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
Well, that's all quite unfortunate. If and when you get the ball rolling on this, there are a number of us who'd love to see the results. So, in spite of how dead this forum seems, please don't forget about us. If it turns out well enough, I'd be willing to pay for some molds of the rear. That's of course assuming you'd be willing to make and sell them. Anyway, best of luck man.

Thanks. I still get just as excited as the first day I started modding the car and I'm always anxious to share my work, so I'm sure it will end up on here soon after I'm done. My roots started here, and I won't forget where I came from.

As far as molds... I'd like to make a composite quarter eventually, but to start out it's going to be steel. Depending on how challenging it really ends up being, I might make a few steel sets to circulate out into the scene. If I do, you'll hear about it first here.

Again, thanks for the support.

·
Registered
268 Posts
any more updates to this project , i think i will be attacking this project soon, always hated this about the neon that you couldnt add wdier wheels and tries without them poking , and also what wheels and tire size is are those? sorry if i missed it through all 23 pages LOL

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
any more updates to this project , i think i will be attacking this project soon, always hated this about the neon that you couldnt add wdier wheels and tries without them poking , and also what wheels and tire size is are those? sorry if i missed it through all 23 pages LOL

Sadly, still no updates. We still haven't found a house yet, so I still don't have any work space. The housing market here has been garbage all year, but we're still holding out and our realtor is doing her best. Fingers still crossed for one that fits our needs coming along soon.

The project started out with 18x9.5's with a narrow (about 10.5 inch wide Sumitomo test tire) 285/30-18. Currently it's stored in the way-too-small garage I'm renting with 18x10.25's and wide (about 11.5 inch wide Potenza RE-11's) 285/30-18.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
Wow, it's hard to believe it's already been a year since the last post. Good news is, I bought a house. Bad news is, I bought a house lol.

321 - 340 of 341 Posts