Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my work in progress. I still have quite a ways to go, but I thought I would share my latest wrenching. Constructive criticism and friendly comments are welcome. If you're intentions are negative, don't post, thank you.

*EDIT: The most current pics are on page 15...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
work

Are those still the stock fenders you stretched out? And if you do the rear, it is going to looks that much better. looks good so far.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, any better pictures?
Sorry, as of right now, unfortunately not. Those are from my iPhone in my poorly lit, barely heated garage. There will be much better photos once it's warmer out and I can actually get the car out of the garage in the spring. I'm in northern Minnesota and it was -6 F when I took those pictures.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are those still the stock fenders you stretched out? And if you do the rear, it is going to looks that much better. looks good so far.
Thank you. Those are DCR fiberglass fenders. I'm not sure if I got a warped set or if they really just require that much work to install, but it's been quite the journey so far... And those are 285/30ZR18's under those fenders... :eveilgrin I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the rear yet. As of now, I'm thinking that I will end up fiberglassing my own bolt on flares, but I'm open to suggestions and ideas...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks pretty good so far.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
fenders

Thank you. Those are DCR fiberglass fenders. I'm not sure if I got a warped set or if they really just require that much work to install, but it's been quite the journey so far... And those are 285/30ZR18's under those fenders... :eveilgrin I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the rear yet. As of now, I'm thinking that I will end up fiberglassing my own bolt on flares, but I'm open to suggestions and ideas...
If you are going to make your car look W I D E, at least it looks you sra starting in the right direction.
Are you planning on using the same size tire in the rear, for one? if you are, you know you are going to have to cut into the rear 1/4 right?

I kind of did the same thing you are doing, but I stretched the stock front fenders on mine, and stretched the rears also. If I were going with the size tire you want, I would make the rear flares out of sheet metal, then weld, or rivet them on. With glass if you dont have a really good understanding of how to mix the resin, and how to prep the surface you are going to mate it on, it will look like shit and start lifting off the sheetmetal in short time.

Last you can do what Doug Wind (1lapsrt) did with his car. Get some flares and put them on. By the way he had to do some trim work on his 1/4's also.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are going to make your car look W I D E, at least it looks you sra starting in the right direction.
Are you planning on using the same size tire in the rear, for one? if you are, you know you are going to have to cut into the rear 1/4 right?

I kind of did the same thing you are doing, but I stretched the stock front fenders on mine, and stretched the rears also. If I were going with the size tire you want, I would make the rear flares out of sheet metal, then weld, or rivet them on. With glass if you dont have a really good understanding of how to mix the resin, and how to prep the surface you are going to mate it on, it will look like shit and start lifting off the sheetmetal in short time.

Last you can do what Doug Wind (1lapsrt) did with his car. Get some flares and put them on. By the way he had to do some trim work on his 1/4's also.
I've talked to Doug before. He was the one who initially pointed me in the right direction. The car already has 285's all around. If you look close in the first pic, you can see the rear wheel/tire poking out. I wouldn't mind doing a sheet metal flare for the rear, but my fiberglass work is better than my sheet metal work...and it's lighter. My goals are just as much function as appearance. If I were to fab my own fiberglass flares, they would be bolt on, not bonded to the existing quarters. Even if I prepped my surfaces well, there would still eventually be cracking, as metal and fiberglass expand and contract at very different rates, especially on a black car. Hence why I would bolt them on vs. mold them on. And yes I do know that the quarters will need to be cut. I'm just hoping that I won't need to completely hack and slash them all to Hell... Thanks again for the kind words and advice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hope ur car goes lower when ur done lol
It has Megan Racing coil overs, it will be lowered back down approximately 2 inches once I'm done. I had to raise it up for the initial wheel fitment because they stick out so far.

This is after the wheels were mounted, but before I got the fenders.

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
its what it should have come with from the factory. :eveilgrin

·
Premium Member (Lifetime),
1,375 Posts
Quick question on this, and I am not just asking the op, would the stock hubs be sufficient to support wheels and tires this wide? I think I recall Doug had a problem with one of his stock hubs cracking quite a bit from the stress and I believe that is back when he had his oz superleggeras which were only 8 in wide with I think 255's. Or was that the result of something else?

1 - 20 of 341 Posts