Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we're all waiting for any possible news so I wanted to relay this information. I just received the email.

Well, i got back from from the SRT-4 training camp and all I can say is one thing...WOW!!!

The car is even better than I could have imagined. We raced three different tracks. The first was a comparison track. We drove the Focus SVT and the honda Civic Si. NO COMPETITION!!! The Focus was a complete dog. The Civic Si tried hard but didnt come close at all.

The second track was a maximum handling track designed to show off the new suspension and tire packages. The rubber bushings have all been removed and replaced with poly bushings which minimize lag in handling. Tokico Struts along with bigger stabilizer bars and a K-frame underneath stiffin up the body to minimize roll and flex. And the tires....they are sticky 205/50ZR-17 Ultra High Performance Michelin Pilots...The same tire used on the Viper. Speaking of the Viper. If youve ever sat in one, then you will love the seats. They wrap around your sides and dont let you move an inch.

The Third track was a max performance track with a very nice drag strip. The car throws you back into the seat every time you shift. Just unbelievable!

Then....we had a surprise. Right before we left, they herded us out to one last track for one last race with one last car. A $60,000 porche Boxter. They both took off dragging for about 400 feet, then they split to do two friction circles. The boxter had trouble because of rear wheel drive. He couldnt keep up speed in the circle without having the back end come out. The SRT on the other hand FLEW! The porche led into the circle and the SRT led coming out where they almost clipped each other as they fought to occupy the same space in the single lane slalom on the way back. It was incredible.

Now, for the news you have been waiting for. Sources from Chrysler at the track that day say that the SRT's ARE shipping this and next week with arrivals at the beginning to middle of the month. California and Florida are rumored to get the first ones. Get ready to pack if you are out of town. I prmise to let you know as soon as i know.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
my email....:)

So we all got the same email...but get this..I am pretty sure some of it was his own thoughts/views, but I am sure I read a nice litte sales pitch in there.

Nevertheless I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello TAX returns!!!!!!!!

Well, i got back from from the SRT-4 training camp and all I can say is one thing...WOW!!!

The car is even better than I could have imagined. We raced three different tracks. The
first was a comparison track. We drove the Focus SVT and the honda Civic Si. NO
COMPETITION!!! The Focus was a complete dog. The Civic Si tried hard but didnt come close
at all.

The second track was a maximum handling track designed to show off the new suspension and
tire packages. The rubber bushings have all been removed and replaced with poly bushings
which minimize lag in handling. Tokico Struts along with bigger stabilizer bars and a
K-frame underneath stiffin up the body to minimize roll and flex. And the tires....they
are sticky 205/50ZR-17 Ultra High Performance Michelin Pilots...The same tire used on the
Viper. Speaking of the Viper. If youve ever sat in one, then you will love the seats. They
wrap around your sides and dont let you move an inch.

The Third track was a max performance track with a very nice drag strip. The car throws
you back into the seat every time you shift. Just unbelievable!

Then....we had a surprise. Right before we left, they herded us out to one last track for
one last race with one last car. A $60,000 porche Boxter. They both took off dragging for
about 400 feet, then they split to do two friction circles. The boxter had trouble because
of rear wheel drive. He couldnt keep up speed in the circle without having the back end
come out. The SRT on the other hand FLEW! The porche led into the circle and the SRT led
coming out where they almost clipped each other as they fought to occupy the same space in
the single lane slalom on the way back. It was incredible.

Now, for the news you have been waiting for. Sources from Chrysler at the track that day
say that the SRT's ARE shipping this and next week with arrivals at the beginning to
middle of the month. California and Florida are rumored to get the first ones. Get ready
to pack if you are out of town. I prmise to let you know as soon as i know. Until then....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: oh another thing

cali said:
Anyone heard anything about the 2500 Cash Back?
From what I am told there will be no cash back or low apr financing on the SRT-4. This is from the dealer and would make sense.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Well, well, well... I just received the mass mailer from Matt as well. From what I understand reading posts around the net, people have said "no rebate or apr incentive" on this car. I called chrysler in detroit and they said yes cause it fits into the neon category. So, who knows, BUT, IMO I don't think this car will have the rebate.

Hot car, demand = No rebate!! (IMO)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
ok

I checked chrysler financial ,and the srt-4 has been removed from the list.

Oh well 19995 + tax :x

Cali

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
drizze99
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing