Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is safe to say that I am most likely the first to race against someone on the SRT. :)

On my way to work today, I saw a 2gen Eclipse GS-T (FWD). I heard his HKS SSBOV (blow off valve for you turbo newbies)go off. He also had a FMIC (Front mount intercooler).

He punched it when he was behind me and then as he passed me I punched it. He only managed to get 2 car lenghts ahead of me . We hit traffic afterwards so I do not know if I would have caught up to him or not. I still find it hard to beleive that he did not pull hard on me. He was an older guy and looked like he knew how to drive the car. Maybe he did not have the boost turned up? He had also 2 gauges on his piller and I noticed a stock catback on.

Just to let you guys know, the SRT only weights 1750(rounded off) lbs!!! So 300hp on my srt will blow away my supra if it was stock. Supra weights about 3400lbs.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people I tell ya. :)

This week I will be installing a BOV and turbo timer and a boost controller. I will also be making my full 3" catback system. I will keep you guys posted on the development.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Just to let you guys know, the SRT only weights 1750(rounded off) lbs!!!
what the hell kind of rounding are you doing? it is 2970 lbs. according to dodge.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw GVW in the door read 1795lbs. Though maybe once again i have sniffed to much exhaust fumes . :)

Ill go outside and verify it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
hehe

Thats gotta be like maximun weight (capacity) or something.

Which part of FL do you live guy?

Also , I remember readin something that the SRT BOV is on the ac compressor, and couldnt be removed easily. ?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, to much sniffing of exhaust again. That was KILOS! lol

and Its gross vehicle weight wich meand the maximum weight the car can carry.

Its 3855 GVW.

I live in the ft.lauderdale area.

Hector

·
Registered
864 Posts
Got break in? Remind me to never buy a used SRT.

JC

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Got break in? Remind me to never buy a used SRT.

JC
hehe :lol:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Its a R&D car, I dont care.
I love that attitude, just chalk it up as a business expense when tax time rolls around! 8)

-faast

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slow5OH said:
Exhaust Depot said:
Its a R&D car, I dont care.
I love that attitude, just chalk it up as a business expense when tax time rolls around! 8)

-faast
Yup you got it! :)

Oh, I noticed the car hits full boost (11psi) at 2500 Rpm. With the windows up an ac off and radio off you can hear the turbo spool and the BOV discharge.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Hmmm, mine usually hits full boost around 3500, did you read about my ford lightning race?? :lol: I believe I was the first to race in this car, muahaha...well...at least against a lightning, what kind of BOV will you be installing?? Cause i would like to put in an HKS BOV but i'm just now starting to get into the whole turbo stuff (I'm kinda new at this), do you think it's possible to replace the stock BOV with and HKS, and do you think that HKS is fairly decent?? Cause I want a LOUD one, haha.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
actually what about a TurboXS Type H-RFL Blow-off Valve??? They claim it to be extremely loud and that's what I want, looking at the turbo do you think I'd be able to get it installed in there??

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey what the heck!!!!! Arent you breaking in your srt4!?!?!? :)

I am officially the one to race it. Your the first to race a ford. lol

Anyways I am heading up to orlando and maybe tampa. You can shoot by and take my turbo 101 course. Yes you can still install another BOV even with the factory one. If you really want to install one, I can do it for you that day.

Shoot me an email.

Hector

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Hmmm, alright, cool I'm thinkin about goin with a Turbo XS BOV, an HKS turbo timer and an Apexi boost controller. Can't get ir right now though, but it'd be cool to still meet up somewhere, I live by Tampa. Ihopin to be able to put in those 3 things by the beginning of summer. Gotta get my system installed in it first though, muahaha

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
if you want the loudest, then you need the turboXS RFL BOV. that will most likely be the first thing on my list. you might need to contact them though and see if they have finished developing it for the srt-4 yet. i know they sent the stock bov to australia to have a better one made, since the stock one is utter crap.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Will any of these products void the warranty or do you simply remove them before taking your car in?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
just so everyone knows, the car comes with a new venture gear transaxle. nv t-850. *NOT* a getrag unit. i have seen alot of mis-information at the subaru boards. most notably the nazi oc boards.

maybe this is where you saw it from?

http://www.edmunds.com/news/regularnews/articles/81549/article.html

once again, the pt and the srt-4 are not the same vehicle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts