Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished having my Mopar BOV installed!! Thanks to MySweetSrt aka Manny! This thing was a big pain in the ass to put on. I'm telling u people. When and if u guys decide to add an aftermarket alarm system w/ airhorns, PLEASE put on the bov BEFORE u do. It was crazy pain trying to get in there. :jester: Now my car goes PSHHHHH :clap:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Blk_04_Ownz_You said:
nice, theres no hp gains or losses with this ?
You loose boost pressure so yea you loose HP. All your boost air gets thrown out :(. But it does sound cool!

·
Registered
378 Posts
:clap: The greddy s is the one for me. :clap: Congrats getting that thing in, I heard that was a bitch. The mopar bov is just a plate that redirects the air to the atmosphere, no real gains hp-wise...leaves a smile on ur face tho. :gotrice:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
So there is a slight loss in hp or is it a significant loss of hp? Cause if you dont have a Bov, then the HOT air goes back into the manifold when you hit the clutch. Loosing Hot air is good though , right? Someone help me out with this cause I was looking to put it in , but dont want to if it messes with the computer or looses significant H.P.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just ordered mine 2 days ago so i hope i dont lose any hp...any1 ever do a dyno run before an after?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
thats horsehit it doesnt effect performance at all.

Jesus, unless you dont tighten all the way or put it on backwards.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Blk_04_Ownz_You said:
So there is a slight loss in hp or is it a significant loss of hp? Cause if you dont have a Bov, then the HOT air goes back into the manifold when you hit the clutch. Loosing Hot air is good though , right? Someone help me out with this cause I was looking to put it in , but dont want to if it messes with the computer or looses significant H.P.
You answerd your own question.... when you hit the clutch with a bov.. the hot air vents to the atmosphere... however... when you hit the clutch... are you accelerating? no.. your revs are droping.. then you engage the clutch.. and your boost jumps right back up.. you will not lose horsepower with a BOV.. unless you install it wrong.. and devlope a leak.. other wise.. you should be good.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
turbo92awd said:
once again roo is an ass.... why do you even bother to post, roo?
Hey I got a personality for sale for $100, seems you desperately need one, chump.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
$100 for personality?...is it right next to the box of $100 bad comebacks...hahah j/k
sorry bro but u set urself up 4 that 1.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
mikebrink28 said:
$100 for personality?...is it right next to the box of $100 bad comebacks...hahah j/k
sorry bro but u set urself up 4 that 1.
That’s what I was going to do with his $100, buy me some good comebacks, or donate it towards your penile dysfunction fund :).

·
Registered
976 Posts
I just put mine on and I love it, my wife hates it and it is a pain to put on. If you think it will change your HP then don't mod your car because you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
no boost loss when i had it.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ran it on the highway today w/ WOT and so far its been pretty much like normal. Then again, if my car is even boosting normal then so far so good! The biggest pain in the ass of course was the lower rear screw which i had to remove the airhorns from my alarm then re-install. I even lost one of the original screws from the stock bov plate. I wanted to get the Greddy Type S one so bad but hey for $40, it can't be beat. Later down the road when i go for more performance i'll change it. Maybe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts