Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home with it:) Looks like I'll have read the owners manual, its a little different from what I'm used to. The key fob is cool, like a mini switch blade. Speaking of key fobs one of them doesn't seem to work; it doesn't lock or unlock the doors.

It is a very different car compared to the SRT4 I traded. The engine is much smoother but the suspension is even firmer the the SRT4, Ihope I'll get used to that. I only put on 4 miles, thats has far the dealership is from home. Anyways I thought I'd let you guys know I am the proud owner of a new SRT6.

Later

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
congrats.

Good choice. I drove one at the SRT track exp they had last year at Laguna Seca.
If your srt-4 had a stock suspension, you are in for areal treat. This thing handles like it is on rails!! Really nice. And by the way, the hp that this car is advertised at, I would have to say it is juuuuust a little more.

Have fun with it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats man! I was showing my car to a friend yesterday and I said check out the switchblade key.Before you take the other fob in try this: with the drivers door open hit the lock and the the unlock button. Close the door and then see if it works.If not then try again this time hit the lock and unlock buttons at the same time.My engine seems to be getting smoother(more free revving)the closer I get to the 1000 mile break in.You want to hear something cool, go through an underpass at 4000 rpm or higher :thumbsup: Avoid redline till 1000 miles but don't worry about winding it up there to 4500 to 5000 (at operating temp).Ya,it's stiff, especially on some of the roads where we live, but the chassis is incredibly solid and it is INCREDIBLE on smooth black top twisties. :rofl: The suspension should soften up a little and warmer temps will make the shocks smoother.
have a blast,drive responsibly :eveilgrin

·
Banned
4,481 Posts
Man, When I got my 50 trim in, on the way back down state from NC to SC I met up with an SRT6. It was my first challenge. It was a middle aged guy in his late 40s id say. He smiled at me and I gave him the thumbs up. I nodded forward and he smiled, we both hit it. He kept up till I hit 4rth gear, quite a quick car stock. To tell you the truth, I like it because it looks a bit more sophisticated than the 4. More of mid 20s to late 20s car ya know. Anywho, congras, and enjoy it, I would!

·
Registered
958 Posts
If that keyfob still doesn't work after the previous post of hitting the lock/unlock per above, the keyfob may need re-programming. One of my wife's keyfobs had the same issue.... needed re-program. Dealer will do it, no charge, especially since yours is brand spanking new.

BTW, I'm middled aged and I have an SRT-4.... love that loud, harsh, neck-snapping pull and turbo spool while the seatback-thrust at WOT reminds me of my old 1970 Cuda.... Wife likes the fluff of the SRT-6, but I have to admit the handling on the SRT-6 beats the snot out of an SRT-4.... hey, it's still just a Neon....not an SLK32 AMG.... SRT-4 suspension does improve once your throw sways, Coilovers, lowering, strut bars on it though.... Still may not be able to match the SRT-6 though.... different overall dynamics, suspension, frame, etc... Modify an SRT-4 as you will, and you still can't break the laws of physics.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy, one thing I overlooked was I never tried the radio, no big deal. I started to read the owners manual last night and on my way to work I couldn't get the radio to work. So on my way home I stopped at the dealer and showed them my problem with the radio and key fob. They couldn't get the radio to work either; no sound at all. So the dealer has the car and they will work on it tomorrow. I have a loaner so hopefully they will get it figured out and I'll have the car back for the weekend.

The 6er does feel strong, there seems to be alot of torque down low; under 3k. When I get to 500 miles I will get more aggresive with it. There is a difference between aggreseve and beating the car. The two things you don't want to do with a new engine is to lug it or set the cruise control for long distances on the highway. Where is the power band on this car, is it in the midrange or higher up in the rpm's?

Side note, did you know the engine holds 8.5 quarts of oil with a filter and you are to use synthitc oil; that make for one expensive oil change :rofl:
I'm sure I'm going to like it. I'll just have to get used to the firmer ride and the really big blind spot.

Later

·
Registered
19 Posts
well i redlined my car from the get go. i believe in the drive it hard from the beginning theory of break in's. this is definately a higher rpm car since thats the sc is really kicking in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The tq peak is @3500 and hangs on to redline.The Germans like lots of oil in their motors.The 928 ('86) took 9 qts. it was a 5 ltr v8.My 750il (V12) takes 8.5 qts. They view oil as much as a coolant as lubrication.The 750 computes how the car is driven and tells you when to change it based on that.It can be anywhere between 5 and 7000 miles.It requires synth oil.BMW was the first to specify synth and even have their own oil.It's probably Mobile 1 with their label on it. Oh,btw I got my recall yesterday for the for the cooling fan.They did mine already It's notice #E19.Make sure they do it if they have'nt already.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The remote needed a new battery and the radio had a 15amp fuse instead of a 25 amp fuse. both work fine now. Still getting to know the car, it really seems like it corners really good, not much body roll. I think the back end could step out if your not careful with the gas pedal.

·
Registered
374 Posts
very nice car. I have always loved the srt6 but i feel that it is highly underappreciated in the car world. it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts