Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I picked up my 05 orange blast srt-4 with viper seats, sunroof, kicker/6cd and 9000 miles. I paid 16700. I know the car is modded, but I dont know what is done. I bought it from a used car dealership and all I know for certain is that the car has a BOV, most likely greddy from what I can tell from info on the forums. My question is about the turbo. Lets say the car is stock besides the bov. The boost is hitting up to 13 and holding there. Is that safe? I heard that the stock turbo should only be going up to like 10 or so, not even. I will hopefully be attending the big car meet tomorrow in MA, so maybe a few of you that are there can answer my questions in person.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
On warmer days you will see 15 psi easily in 3rd -5th gear. 1st and 2nd is limited to about 10-12 psi. Congrats and good luck with the car. search around, there is a lot of info here.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, I just wanted to make sure. And yeah this thing is waaay faster than my old car, I gotta get used to raw power before I start modding it or anything.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
ViscousCircles said:
On warmer days you will see 15 psi easily in 3rd -5th gear. 1st and 2nd is limited to about 10-12 psi. Congrats and good luck with the car. search around, there is a lot of info here.
not all are the same :readclose

·
Registered
477 Posts
I get 13 psi regularly (sp?) on my stock air box. Holds steady. But once I hit 17 psi. No idea how. With only a Mopar cat-back and k&n cai. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts