Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my IC sprayer and the love it! The fit was perfect for my factory intercooler. I did have some questions along the way and [email protected] was great with suppling help.

P.S. Thanks for the T-Shirt and stickers!

Next up Purge and Turbo Wrap!

·
Registered
545 Posts
bigboost said:
I just installed my IC sprayer and the love it! The fit was perfect for my factory intercooler. I did have some questions along the way and [email protected] was great with suppling help.

P.S. Thanks for the T-Shirt and stickers!

Next up Purge and Turbo Wrap!

How much did the complete kit cost to do the IC? Did you just do the intercooler?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
IC sprayer

I just did the IC sprayer for now. I am going to the track tonight so I will let you know what happens.

I paid around $375 shipped.

Co2 is cheap, I paid 72 cents a pound! :clap:

·
Registered
545 Posts
bigboost said:
I just did the IC sprayer for now. I am going to the track tonight so I will let you know what happens.

I paid around $420 shipped.

Co2 is cheap, I paid 72 cents a pound! :clap:
Well how did you do at the track?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im interested to hear how u did at the track b4 / after the CO2 install.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let us know how it works out for you, I think you will be impressed.

I have ran a SRT-4 at the track with the IC sprayer on a 90+degree day and did pass after pass with no cool down or line waiting. I sprayed the IC on the return road and right before entering the staging lane and the car remained dead consistent. When the tank emptied the car heat soaked and ET's rose. Then we had the bottle filled for $10.00 :thumbsup: !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJay said:
Im interested to hear how u did at the track b4 / after the CO2 install.

Well I went to the track early on Friday. I came with a full tank of CO2 and froze my intercooler before each pass ( in the staging lanes ). The car was a 10th quicker and nerver lost a beat. The car was more consistent then the driver. The bottle lasted for the 7 passes I made and ran out at a stoplight on the way home. I am very impress with the performance and I loved the attention that the kit brought my car!

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
nice

bigboost said:
Well I went to the track early on Friday. I came with a full tank of CO2 and froze my intercooler before each pass ( in the staging lanes ). The car was a 10th quicker and nerver lost a beat. The car was more consistent then the driver. The bottle lasted for the 7 passes I made and ran out at a stoplight on the way home. I am very impress with the performance and I loved the attention that the kit brought my car!
yea, the guys at Performance Autowerks (dave that is) told me that on the dyno they sprayed it in the middle ofa 4th gear pull and it made 30WHP!!! thats nuts!!! Also, the kit only cost $400+about $150 to install if you let a professional do it for ya. If you have a big turbo high HP, huge FMIC car its DEFINATELY recommended that you use it. Heat Soak is a b**ch

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ok bigboost...your new task is to spray WHILE running down the strip and see if time is slashed.....30-40whp should make a difference I would think.

·
Registered
142 Posts
When you spray while sitting still, does it make a puddle of water under the car? I have heard that before, but tit doesnt sound feasible to me somehow.

Dusty

·
Banned
3,005 Posts
Anonymoose said:
You should only see a puddle of condensation thats frozen from spraying, then melted and is dripping off. The puddle would only be water.
you say ONLY WATER, but the tracks around Chicago area yell at you for dripping water...but its ok cuz if they dont notice it then I done either :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Soccer69er said:
30whp sounds about right.
when i dynoed my nitrous ic sprayer...i got 33whp and 46 ft/lbs of torque.
Next time you go to the dyno, bring another bottle filled with CO2 with you. Do a pull spraying nitrous into the IC, then do a pull spraying CO2. I bet your 33whp hp gain goes mostly bye bye with CO2. Thats because your taking your dry shot of nitrous away.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Next time you go to the dyno, bring another bottle filled with CO2 with you. Do a pull spraying nitrous into the IC, then do a pull spraying CO2. I bet your 33whp hp gain goes mostly bye bye with CO2. Thats because your taking your dry shot of nitrous away.
you don't have to bet cause I know for a fact. check out this thread. I just dynoed my setup saturday and now have strong evidence that big gains in n20 coolers are from unmetered dry shots
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99218

·
Registered
67 Posts
DustySRT said:
When you spray while sitting still, does it make a puddle of water under the car? I have heard that before, but tit doesnt sound feasible to me somehow.

Dusty
You should not get a puddle of condensation under the vehicle unless you are over using the sprayer. Once the Intercooler is cold do not use the sprayer untill the cooling effect has disapated. This way you will use less Co2 and the bottle will last longer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts