Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed it today, turned on the car and it went up to 16-1:9, I know idle should be 14-7ish so I'm worried, car has stg 1 injectors, ecu, aem intake, full 3" catless see, and I also replaced both o2 sensors while installing wideband, need help figuring this out, also just picked dsp but have yet to marry it

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Is the AEM new or used? Do you have any exhaust leaks? Where in your exhaust is your AEM sensor located?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's new, just replaced gasket to fix old leak, and I put the bung on the passenger side a little above the bend in the dp, before the bend-pipe

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Did you disconnect you battery? If not, you should to let the comp relearn, especially if you changed your other (stock) o2 sensors.

AEM says you should be 36" from the turbo, but I think your placement is not the issue.

Check again for exhaust leaks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't feel or hear any leaks at where I had bung welded in, how long to leave battery unhooked? After starting it starts at around 14 bit slowly goes to 15, 16, then 17?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
how long did you let it run...sometimes it will do that, then come back down.

Not worried about leaks around the bung, more about other major connection points.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So let it run how long? I'm worried because it seems to he idling rougher but Idk ill try, what would be a way to get it to run richer?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Run for a couple minutes, take it for a short drive - see if A/F comes down to normal.

Did it do this before you swapped the sensors? What made you decide to swap out the stock o2 sensors? Do you still have the old ones?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't run like this before, just changed them since I was at the o2 housing and the car has 56k miles, does Tue sensor need to get some carbon on it to read right? I don't wanna let it run too long because I can hear it miss

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
The sensors should be ready to go right out of the box. And you shouldn't attempt to clean the carbon off an old sensor either. When you press the gas does the A/F go to normal.

Any CELs?

A missing cylinder may or may not be related to this issue. If you can narrow down which cylinder is missing - check the plug and plug connection

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got engine light after driving around Tue corner, turned around checked it and its p0132 o2 sensor 1/1 high voltage, I had this before changing the sensors though

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any other ideas? I tightened the bolts some more, and it seemed better but was still missing and idling lean, I have a dsp but yet know how to properly use it, can I check to see what's wrong by using it or make thee car run richer?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I Seafomed the car to pinpoint any leaks, found none under the car. Any way to check if upstream o2 sensor? May he bad although new, or may be the wiring past the connecting point

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fixed my problem, installed the oem upstream sensor and my idle went back to being smooth and my afr's are from 14.6-15, my code did not pop up the second I turned on the car so that's good, sensor from dealer was 107 but well worth it now thanks for all the help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
5 Participants
dbay
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing