Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright - I may be overlooking something really easy, but these things just cost me $1200 and I don't want to mess them up. The diagram that came with the instructions shows what appear to be 2 rings at the bottom of the coil. Well, mine only has one ring.

It looks like this: coilovers

Isn't there supposed to be another ring for adjusting the height? The black ring in the picture is the only one on the strut, and it is screwed in place. If I loosen that screw, and then spin the ring up, will that lower the ride height? And what is the "stop ring" I always heard about people cutting off to make it lower?

If I sound like a dumbass it's only because I really don't want to ruin these pretty new coilovers. I'd rather get some opinions before I start screwing around with them.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

The area you circled is actually two rings. The lower one is the stop ring. Each ring should have its own set screw. The set screw on the stop ring is ground down to make it "tamper proof".

Right now, these are lowered as low as they will go without altering the stop ring.

If you want to raise them up, then you need to loosen the set screw in the ring that has the notches in it. If you put the provided wrench around it, you'll see how it turns that ring and adjusts the height.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes perfect sense what you said. I was not aware that the black ring was actually two rings, but now I understand. Like I said I was just being super careful not to mess with anything before I asked for help.

Thanks dude! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick follow up... So where the ring stop is now, is that as low as I can go, without voiding my warranty?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
monte said:
Just a quick follow up... So where the ring stop is now, is that as low as I can go, without voiding my warranty?
From the picture, it looks that way. Install them and enjoy!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
monte said:
Exactly! Just leave them on the lowest setting it is likely where you will want them anyways :).

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Newb question- Can you adjust them back to stock ride height for the winter? Thinking of getting these myself...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mike! I can't wait to get these bad boys in tonight...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Jerod said:
Newb question- Can you adjust them back to stock ride height for the winter? Thinking of getting these myself...
Of course, you can raise the front and lower the rear or side to side if you choose LOL.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The pimp lean...nice :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts