Dodge SRT Forum banner

Just got mine!

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ohyeahwright 
#1 ·
i just want to say i just got home with my black srt4!!! its a beauty right off the showroom floor. i was so tempted to floor it but didnt. 8) I suppose im the first southern cali person to get one? and to all u southern cali people there are plenty of srt4's around just let me know i will tell u where!

omg so f'ing amazing

#4 ·
We got a dealer mail the other day telling dealers to now stock Mobil 1 Tri-Synthectic 5W30 and 10W30 for the high performance cars..
They say to use 5W30 Tri-Syn for the SRT-4 and the 10W30 for the Viper.
I've been using Mobil 1 in my car since I got it 2 years ago. I'm a firm believer in the stuff. It's expensive but in my opinion it is worth it.

#6 ·
They say you can go longer with synthetic, but I still do mine every 3000 just to keep everything cleaned out and in good shape. I myself would HIGHLY recommend every 3000 with syn on the SRT-4 since it's turbo and builds up a littlre more heat. Especially if you drive hard.

#8 ·
xither0ckxi said:
i just want to say i just got home with my black srt4!!! its a beauty right off the showroom floor. i was so tempted to floor it but didnt. 8) I suppose im the first southern cali person to get one? and to all u southern cali people there are plenty of srt4's around just let me know i will tell u where! omg so f'ing amazing
Congrats....on your purchase.

Use Mobile 1 and a K&N filter. Purchase the Mobile 1 at your local COSTCO and K&N at Kragens.

You should not baby the engine to a since but allow a up and down in speed. This will help the engine use the breakdown additives to properly breakin.

By speeding (not jumping on the motor) is not going to harm the engine but revlining the motor.

Ensure that you wait at least 30 seconds to 1-minute to allow the oil to circulate on cold start. Then allow 1-2 mintues to cool down before turning off the motor.

500-750 miles is the recommended breakin and then may wait until at least (looking at the Hemi's JTEC programming) 2-3K miles for ECU to fully learn your driving habits.

After driving more than 30 years, this is one of the better cars I have seen in a compact version. Though, I wish they went lighter on the weight, LSD unit for traction, and ondash adjustable compter control boost device.

"....a mini Viper with Neon skin...."

#9 ·
Enjoy you lucky devil. Good choice with the black. Show room floor huh, ok, how much did you pay? Now send us some pictures with you in it, no one else seems to want to be included in their pics other than Ohyeah.

#16 ·
I've been using Mobil 1 in all my cars since 1976 and have never had a problem.

I have never broken in a car according to the manual. I break my cars in HARD! That is what the warrantee is for.

Plus, I don’t have the self control to get into a fast car and not drive fast. In dozens of cars it has never bitten me in the *ss.

#17 ·
ahh i forgot to let the engine cool before i turned car off today i was thinking about that :( , my poor baby i hope its okay IS THAT GOING TO HURT MY ENGINE NOW?, i will send pics of me with me in my car alrighty since all u guys are to scared to show your faces!!

PROUD NEON(SRT4) OWNER

#18 ·
xither0ckxi said:
ahh i forgot to let the engine cool before i turned car off today i was thinking about that :( , my poor baby i hope its okay IS THAT GOING TO HURT MY ENGINE NOW?, i will send pics of me with me in my car alrighty since all u guys are to scared to show your faces!!

PROUD NEON(SRT4) OWNER
Speak for the others, dude! I showed my face!!! :lol:

According to the owners manual, under normal driving conditions you do not need to let it cool down (idle) before turning off the car. Under "Agressive driving or Heavily Loaded" driving, Dodge recommends 3 minutes cool down for the "turbine housing to cool to normal operating temperature." (Page 85, SRT-4 owners manual.) The idea is you don't want the oil to cook/froth and spooge up the internals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.