Dodge SRT Forum banner

Just got an 05 SRT Needs New Turbo

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Clrrr_ 
#1 ·
Just got an 05 SRT-4 it’s beautiful, had some slight issues one of them being the the Turbo is bad.

I need help knowing what the best turbo to get on it it’s, it has a lot of aftermarket stuff. 750 injectors, upgraded Exhaust, Upgraded Fuel Pump, Bigger Intercooler, Stage 2 Clutch and then something with a rebuilt reinforced transmission to stop the 3rd & 4th gear slipping issues.

I want to know what the best Turbo I can out on this is for most HP without having it go out on me or blow stock engine internals. I’m not sure and don’t know much about turbos but if I remember right they said something about 58 58 on it right now.

Help me out so I make good decision. It’s getting the little things fixed right now and I want to get the Turbo ASAP so I can start driving this like it’s meant to be.

#2 ·
If you can, post a picture of what you have currently. Its hard for us to give you a good recommendation without knowing what you already have. different turbos mount differently or have different style exhaust housings.

The more pictures the better.

#3 ·
If you can, post a picture of what you have currently. Its hard for us to give you a good recommendation without knowing what you already have. different turbos mount differently or have different style exhaust housings.

The more pictures the better.
It’s in the shop right now, but this picture is a lot like what the set up looks like. It looks like the stock mounting spotIt’s in the shop right now, but this picture is a lot like what the set up looks like. It looks like the stock mounting spot.

Im probably just gonna have it done at the shop though. I’m mostlt wondering what size turbo would be best for this set up to gret the most HP without ridiculous lag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.