Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in from the dealership. The car looks pretty nice I must say. Just as I figured it comes with a resonator (two actually) to quite down the exhaust.

The downpipe on it was pretty simple. From what I could see it only had one Cat. The stock piping was about 2.25"-2". It has a slip fit type system so making a 3" Downpipe will make no sence unless you make a full system for it. Even a 2.5" Dp will end up bottlenecking back down to fit the stock setup. When I make my own system, I will offer a full exhaust system for it, 3" from turbo back. I think I will also make a regular 2.5" Dp for those who don't want a full 3" setup.

That car was only at the dealership for about 4 hrs so they where still preping it up. I did not have a chance to ride it.

What I found gay was that the vehicle did not have rear powerwindows. Powerwindows for the front was an option. Sticker was 19500. With all the options (power trunk, windows, Fog lamps) it came out to 19900.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duderdude2 said:
Exhaust Depot said:
Powerwindows for the front was an option.
That's standard.
Not per the sticker I saw on the window. It actually had the powerwindows and the power trunk as an option. I though the car came standard with everything, hence no options but I was wrong.

The only options from what I recall where:
Fog lamps
Power windows
power locks.

Type R badge. :)

I asked why the rear door had no power windows. Sales dude said weight. DUh.

ALso, there is only two key holes in the whole car. Trunk and drivers door. Once again there response was weight.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
No, it's not an option. That stuff is all standard on the SRT. it's 19,400 sticker, plus 595 delivery. That's where the difference comes in from 19,5 to 19,995. There are no powered rear windows on any neon, that's why the SRT didn't get them. I don't mind it, but you could always go with an aftermarked power system for those two windows for about 100 bucks..

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All this exhaust stuff must have realy screwed up my brain cause I thought it was an option. I could have been wrong anyways.

Oh, no "Chirp, CHirp."

Need the key to get in. :)

The seats felt pretty good though I must say. No need for recara seats etc. The only thing is that the material was not all that. Had a cheap feel to the vinal/vynal SP? sections of the seats.

The one i saw already has surface corrosion on the aluminium valvecovers. But I plan on polishing it as well as the intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
All this exhaust stuff must have realy screwed up my brain cause I thought it was an option. I could have been wrong anyways.

Oh, no "Chirp, CHirp."

Need the key to get in. :)

The seats felt pretty good though I must say. No need for recara seats etc. The only thing is that the material was not all that. Had a cheap feel to the vinal/vynal SP? sections of the seats.

The one i saw already has surface corrosion on the aluminium valvecovers. But I plan on polishing it as well as the intake manifold.
probably from it sitting in the shipping yard for a few weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Power windows

The neon has only front power windows. The rear were always crank, and will always be. I own a 2000, and love it, it just needs more juice!!!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
fog lights are also standard on all cars.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
fogs are stnd on srt's not all neons....

and from what has been discussed before the srt of course comes with the sntry key and keyless entry

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yeah man, be sure to take some good pics, especially in places that they don't usually take em (e.g. turbo and engine compartment, exhaust system if possible, trunk [even though it's prolly the same as a neon], etc.) Waste like 3 rolls of film on it lol! The more pics, the better we can preveiw it.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
fogs are stnd on srt's not all neons....
well, that WAS what i was talking about. the srt-4 isnt a neon, so when i said all cars i meant all srt-4's.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
12am, just got homw with my black srt-4. Ill take pics tomorrow.

I bought the first in the nation I think. FL was the first to receive it. Pembroke pines and one in miami.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
12am, just got homw with my black srt-4. Ill take pics tomorrow.

I bought the first in the nation I think. FL was the first to receive it. Pembroke pines and one in miami.
It's tomorrow (12:32AM), where's the pics!:roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
19 Participants
srt4moster
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing