Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just going on a drive with my friends to a local hardware store I noticed as we were leaving a wierd sound. I had stepped on the gas and felt something move and immediately knew something was up, something BAD. So at first I thought the axles then my STI buddy said shit it might be the motor mounts and low and behold the bottom bolt broke right the fuck in half!!! I havent any clue as to why this happened Im only running ES mounts..the inserts? Also luckily we were able to get the broken part out of the block easily..thank god.

Has this happened to anyone before? And right now I have a Bolt and nut holding the mount in place before I go to my dealership tom. morning.:buah: :flame: :flame: :flame:

·
Registered
338 Posts
why don't u just walk into the dealership and say hi can you please void my warranty

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
that's not really necessary to say, and it's always the case. not all dealers are out to get you.

wheel hop would be the most likely cause of the bolt breaking. have you launched hard recently or at all? even if it was just on the highway, downshifting to 4th and flooring it could be enough to break it. these are stock neon mouts, and aren't really up to handling the power of our engines.

you could try a dealer, but if it's breaking already i would just save the headache and upgrade to solid mounts. you can go with inserts for about $50 or full solid mounts for around $150. either one will help with launching and wheel hop, although the solid mounts will do a much better job of it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well when i got my ES motor mount inserts i only put the top one on and used the zip ties it came with. did a couple street launches to test them out and 2 weeks later i noticed a lot of vibration at idle so checked it out. the zip ties both snapped in half with the inserts half out, and the motor mount bolt snapped along with it. took out the inserts and went to the dealer to have the bolt replaced under warranty. then put the ES MMi back in with bolts and washers...haven't had a problem since.

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
whoa, not another one...how are you new england guys doing this? we have had the rex inserts for 1 year and havent had a problem yet(knocks on wood).

Like Psi Chick said and what you will find elsewhere....wheel hop.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Nivo....I dont have a clue to why it happened. And I just went on a wild goose chase trying to get these damn bolts....

From Tewksbury I went to Fitchburg then to Gardner all for these damn bolts. Gonna install the new ones now.

·
Registered
576 Posts
lol man if you to bumper to bumper warranty they will fix it for free....its in the warranty you might have to pay for labor but thats it, i used to work at dodge, stock neon motor mounts eh?? lol they look the same but they are a little bit different in a way, going from...160hp r/t to 215-300hp....no way would they really want to do that, its a different kind of encasing around the bolt!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
stock mounts suck period, lots and lots of people have had bolts break, ur not alone. Id say upgrade to solid mounts, world of a difference. Just make sure u use some thread sealer like the blue loctite, that shit works great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.