Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the parts dept. guy told me that the kit for the 2004's include a new computer as well as new (larger) injectors.

I told him that the 04's have the larger injectors already, but he told me that the kit will include larger one's. :hm?:

He also told me that they will be giving me the old computer chip AND my old injectors.

i've heard nice reviews about the st.1 upgrades. I hope they're true! lol

the guy also told me that it will void the warr. on the engine, but since I bought the car at THAT dealer, they will probably help me, if something goes wrong. *sniff*sniff* Bullshit!!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Walk away right now...

1. says it will void the warrenty.. .wrong! has to be provent he s1 caused the warrenty
2. don't even know what the hell he is talking about. 2004 injectors are the same has the 2003 S1 injectors.
3. You dont replace a "computer chip"

go to a dealer that knows what he is talkig about

·
Registered
745 Posts
No thats bullshit my dad works for a dealer and he can get it without voidin ur warranty on the spot. No it only voids ur warranty if u screw those parts up of course I do have connections but this is what I heard from the dealer. I just ordered stage 1 like 3 days ago so good luck and I can' wait. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
NYYDYNASTY said:
the parts dept. guy told me that the kit for the 2004's include a new computer as well as new (larger) injectors.
He lied.

NYYDYNASTY said:
I told him that the 04's have the larger injectors already, but he told me that the kit will include larger one's.
He lied again.

NYYDYNASTY said:
the guy also told me that it will void the warr. on the engine
He lied yet again.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
goddamn!! i guess the stealerships lie up the ass, just to get what they want lol
well, its ordered, and i'll just have to see what happens when it comes in.

What is required with installing st.1 myself?

·
Registered
745 Posts
from a roll ull keep up with an sti within a car and stage 1 will put u close but from a dig itll take prob a little more than stage 1 to take an sti but with stage 1 from a roll u might just take em. It wont take that much more than stage 1 froma stop but u wont wuite be able to with just stage 1.
Thanks Tim

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
NYYDYNASTY said:
well, its ordered..I'll see what happens when it comes in. Says it will take about 3 days to ship to the dealer and about 2 hours in labor to install
Pop the hood, show them your pcm and ask why it would take 2 hours to install. I got my dealer's service manager to agree that I'd only be charged for 30min of labor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
glock/35\ said:
I love my stage 1.
I love your signature...everytime I read a post by you I have to stop and look at your girl for a few minutes...tell her I said she is really cute...and post a link with more pics of her...Basically what I would do is call around to all of your dealerships...talk to the repair manager...and simply ask him if they are a mod friendly dealership...dont tell them who you are or drop by or anything like that...I think there are quite a few dealerships around that are MOPAR mod friendly assuming you let them install the stuff...which is a small price to pay in order to keep your warranty or go through the hassle that so many have...I have found a dealer in my area already that said they are completely mod friendly assuming it is mopar mods and that the mods were installed by a dealer...just dont make the mistake of taking it to any old dealer and having them void your warranty and going through all that fun stuff like so many have...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah you're getting hosed. I got mine installed in just over 30 minutes, and that's an '03 with injectors. The '04 just has a PCM. Should take 10 minutes IMO!!! Also on a side note, what's up with all the people that can't spell on these boards?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.