Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I traded in my 03 mustang GT for a black 2004 SRT-4. The car is completly stock right now, I plan on doing some simple mods before the summer is over, like exhaust, shifter, boost controler, and maybe some suspension. I have been looking around for some good part websites, but since I'm used to mustangs so I really have no idea where to look or what brands to look for.

·
Registered
631 Posts
check the vendor section. I personally have had great experiences with modernperformance.com, speedandpowerdevelopment.com, bwoodyperformance.com and moparsupercenter.com they are all A++ vendors on this site. Welcome to the forums.

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
As with any online community where 'things' are available for purchase, do your homework. We have some awesome vendors, and some...not-so awesome vendors. In most cases, there is plenty of information on any given vendor; enough to aid you in your decision.

Depending on what route you want to take, you can obviously start off with several kinds of parts. One good first mod is a set of front and rear sways. I'll let you research and find out why. :D

Either way, congrats on the new purchase and good choice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phins711 said:
Yup, vendor section should have most of what you are looking for. And make sure you check out www.indianasrt.com. Come over and introduce yourself. We have meets all over the state.
Were you guys at the winged warriors challenge?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
AGP, Done.

·
Registered
734 Posts
For some vendors make sure you check out Needswings.com , Rob is one of the best vendors on the site IMHO.

HOw many miles on the SRT?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forums-
You'll hear some pretty nast smack talkin' about mustangs.
Word of advicE: Just forget you owned one and never defend your old GT. You'll probably make instant enemies with a dumb srt kid on this site :rofl: Just kidding... ...kinda_

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car just reached 31k miles, I was supprised to find this car completly stock too. There is 3 chrysler plants in this town, so everyone drives a chrysler product and there are alot of srt's running around.

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
PurdueSRT said:
The car just reached 31k miles, I was supprised to find this car completly stock too. There is 3 chrysler plants in this town, so everyone drives a chrysler product and there are alot of srt's running around.
Two things:
1. Did it come with any kind of warranty?
2. Has it had its mandatory 30k mile service to maintain the warranty?

I bought my '05 at about 28k miles or so and I knew nothing about this 30k mandatory warranty service. Since I had purchased an extended warranty (for pretty cheap), I had to abide by their rules and take it in. Had I not, they could deny any potential warranty claims I might have and cancel the extended warranty.

·
Registered
827 Posts
PURDUESRT sellin' crack dope ******
wanna jack shit tight no slack just bought
a SRT4
(THROW SOME D'S ON DA BITCH!!)
just bought a SRT4(THROW SOME D'S
ON DAT BITCH!!)just bought a SRT4
(THROW SOME D'S ON DAT BITCH!!)

:rofl: Your title just made me rap my shit out yo, homie g dog, peace, one love...:paranoid:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
grats on the car dude! have you killed any mustangs with it yet? you'll get a lot of crap for owning a neon, but its worth the "holy shit" looks on peoples faces as you walk thier ass. so far what are your likes and dislikes compared to the mustang? i like hearing everyones opinion good or bad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still love mustangs, and I plan on buying a cheap fox body as a project car. This car is alot of fun, it's faster than what my GT was and it gets better gas mileage. The only thing I dont like is first gears its pretty worthless right now because of wheel hop and bald front tires, but after looking around on this forum I think I'm going to be getting some traction bars and polyeurthane eninge mount inserts, so hopefully I can get some of my mustang parts sold so I can start modding this car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
S2R0T044 said:
PurdueSRT said:
Two things:

I bought my '05 at about 28k miles or so and I knew nothing about this 30k mandatory warranty service. Since I had purchased an extended warranty (for pretty cheap), I had to abide by their rules and take it in. Had I not, they could deny any potential warranty claims I might have and cancel the extended warranty.

I bought mine at 23k and I'm at 31k now, is it too late to take it in for this mandatory warranty service and is the service all paid for in full under the warranty cause I bought an extended one for cheap too?

·
Forum Moderator
6,200 Posts
PuReHeLL said:
S2R0T044 said:
PurdueSRT said:
Two things:

I bought mine at 23k and I'm at 31k now, is it too late to take it in for this mandatory warranty service and is the service all paid for in full under the warranty cause I bought an extended one for cheap too?
I don't think so. I actually took mine in for the 30k service at around 31k. Just call them up, tell them you didn't know and schedule a time to bring it in. It'll cost you about $600 and take 1-2 days, unfortunately. =/

I was told that it was covered under warranty, but apparently not. Pretty retarded and just another way to suck even MORE money out of you. The very moment I make my last car payment, if there's anything left on the warranty, I'm cancelling it. The only reason I want to have warranty is simply because I don't completely own the car yet. If my engine explodes or the tranny grenades, I want them to cover it, essentially.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts