Dodge SRT Forum banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replace fork,extender wouldn't do shit for that
So to prevent this from happening again, should I buy the WERKSracing SRT4 Billet 3/4 Shift Fork, the WERKS Racing Billet shift selector and theWERKS SRT-4 1,3,5 gear shift extender? Or could I go with the oem parts and hope it doesn't mess it up again

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So to prevent this from happening again, should I buy the WERKSracing SRT4 Billet 3/4 Shift Fork, the WERKS Racing Billet shift selector and theWERKS SRT-4 1,3,5 gear shift extender? Or could I go with the oem parts and hope it doesn't mess it up again[/QUOTE

I have similar products in my trans,I've broken a 3/4 fork,shift selector so imo if u have the cash and your parts are not up to par yes, I race my car lot so I beat on mine if your just tooling around might not be worth the extra cost

·
Registered
10 Posts
So to prevent this from happening again, should I buy the WERKSracing SRT4 Billet 3/4 Shift Fork, the WERKS Racing Billet shift selector and theWERKS SRT-4 1,3,5 gear shift extender? Or could I go with the oem parts and hope it doesn't mess it up again[/QUOTE

I have similar products in my trans,I've broken a 3/4 fork,shift selector so imo if u have the cash and your parts are not up to par yes, I race my car lot so I beat on mine if your just tooling around might not be worth the extra cost
So if I'm "tooling" around the oem parts should work just fine? But if I want to make it a little tougher the werks billet parts would be the way to go?

Where do I get those 4 c-clips for the ends of the shafts?(2large, 2small)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You only need to take the big snap rings off to separate the bearings from the housing. If you don't you can still pull the gearset with forks out but it will just come out as one assembly attached to the housing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Matthew don't forget about the one lonely bolt on the bottom of the trans that will give you a headache if u don't know its there

·
Registered
10 Posts
You only need to take the big snap rings off to separate the bearings from the housing. If you don't you can still pull the gearset with forks out but it will just come out as one assembly attached to the housing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Is it easier to do it that way? or pull the snap rings of and pull it out? I can't figure out where to get those two snap rings except from the dealership. Anyone have a website that has them?

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Between this thread and Nick's video, we put Meatman's (my old car's) tranny back together with a new third gear, Pwerks carbon synchro linings and Pwerks 3/4 synchro clip. Pic's and video helped out a lot. It's not hard to do with a cheap press and basic tools. Thanks again for posting these up guys.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I got lucky and just bought me a low mileage gearset for $800 but I sold my old for 300 so really only have 500$ in it.. man it was a pain getting back on for me but the zip tied did the trick.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I got lucky and just bought me a low mileage gearset for $800 but I sold my old for 300 so really only have 500$ in it.. man it was a pain getting back on for me but the zip tied did the trick.
Are you going to stop being a scumbag and give travis the money for the core you were supposed to send back?

Reactions: RC-RAMIE

·
Registered
267 Posts
You score a low mileage transmission and then the seller gives you a break and doesn't charge you for the core trusting you will send you old gearset back and you block him and sell it. Your a piece of shit. And don't worry. I have already banned you from the pages. Good luck with getting him from anyone ever again. And you have to be at least half stupid to break a case replacing a gearset lol

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Cody wtf man. You gotta make this right..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i am calling him now buddy.. guys i was needing money bad for wife to take to her mom to MS.. u guys dont know my life. i have 2kids and me and dad was in wreck a few months ago rolled a truck 4 times he lost 3 fingers and i fucked my back and knee up causing me no work for 3 months. and my brother just died last week.. but im going to call travis and make right.. im going to send him cash back that was my intention the whole time..

·
Registered
55 Posts
wow lots of drama I just wanna get this trans back together.
Quick question im ordering parts from factorymoparts.net and when I enter in the output shaft bearing #5013634AA comes up with part #5013634AB . whats up with AB is that the right bearing for the output shaft. I know on page 1 all the part numbers are covered for the input side I just want all new bearings for the output while im there.
also how does the big bearing#05069101AA race go in. will it stop before the bearing race hits the big "ring gear" ill call it that. or am I just going to drive it in flush with the case. it is slightly recessed in the case now not flush. this is my first time doin this, any input from experience is appreciated thanks.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts