Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with JMB engines and their process? My engine is starting to show metal flakes in the oil, and it's already at 152,000 miles, so I'm expecting a new one soon. Looking at several different vendors for 500+ HP. JMB seems to be the most popular while browsing Google.

Please, share your advice, experience, or knowledge with me. You can suggest other companies and I will certainly check them out.

James

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Pretty sure JMB doesn't make engines and all you need is a rebuild kit from modern performance.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
they sell drop in crate motors...but you can build what you need far cheaper
Well I guess that's what I get for being away from the forums for a year and a half!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
FWIW, I left my 202K mile SRT at JMB yesterday so Justin can R&R the engine. It had 2 miles on it when I bought it, and this will be the first time the head and oil pan have been off!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not sure about how his bottom ends are, but I have dropped my car off there before. Dropped it off to have my big turbo kit, fuel return line, bottle neck fix, new head, cams, all new gaskets, ARP head studs, etc all installed. Justin was great and let me know how the process was going along the way. I had a few parts powdercoated by him also. They turned out great! You guys will have to let me know how it all turns out. I'm wanting to get my bottom end built soon with a crank strap kit and the first place I thought of was JMB. Previous experience was great and his shop is about a 3 hour drive for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts