Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has experience with both the JMB "ultimate" CAI and the iceman CAI. I've been soolikg at the designs of both and I am having trouble drawing conclusions as to which one seems like a better design. The JMB has a beautiful finish, is 3" all the way through, has probably the most staight line from the turbo to the fender, and saves some weight with the odyssey dry-cell. On the flip side the iceman seems more engineered, seems like it would provide better air velocity (which doesn't seem like it would be all that important on a turbo car), is made of plastic (less bling, better insulation), has dyno numbers, and is quite a bit less expensive (due to not replacing the battery). I hate "which CAI is the best" threads as much as the next guy, but unfortunately I don't have the oppurtunity to see (or be in a car with) either of these peices, so I'm just looking for some comments to break this tie.

· Registered
1,640 Posts
GTTechnics said:
I am curious if anyone has experience with both the JMB "ultimate" CAI and the iceman CAI. I've been soolikg at the designs of both and I am having trouble drawing conclusions as to which one seems like a better design. The JMB has a beautiful finish, is 3" all the way through, has probably the most staight line from the turbo to the fender, and saves some weight with the odyssey dry-cell. On the flip side the iceman seems more engineered, seems like it would provide better air velocity (which doesn't seem like it would be all that important on a turbo car), is made of plastic (less bling, better insulation), has dyno numbers, and is quite a bit less expensive (due to not replacing the battery). I hate "which CAI is the best" threads as much as the next guy, but unfortunately I don't have the oppurtunity to see (or be in a car with) either of these peices, so I'm just looking for some comments to break this tie.
now you are aware that the jmb calls for you to replace you stock battery with a motorcycle one.. so if you have a system you really cannot do it

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nasty_NAS said:
now you are aware that the jmb calls for you to replace you stock battery with a motorcycle one.. so if you have a system you really cannot do it
I wasn't aware that it was a motorcycle battery, but I did know it was a odyssey dry cell. I don't have a system (or plan for much), but I do worry a little bit about having a small battery coupled with an underdrive pulley.

· Registered
210 Posts
Don't even trip about the battery. I been using mine for 6+ months with no issues. I also noticed throttle response was higher and I boosted about a pound more. This coupled with the weight savings has more than justified the price, plus you can't beat the look and the sound. Below is the JMB 3" intake on my car.

· Registered
3,495 Posts
I've heard there's another forum admin who is going to be running the JMB Ultimate Intake..

Me :) (oh yeah, it's bought, not free).

The primary reason for me snagging it is to free up some space on my hood for my Greddy Goodies and Return fuel.. And I don't want ANY RUBBING!

· Registered
1,640 Posts
if you aren't getting a system or have no desire get the ultimate.. adn you are right it was a dry cell when I talked to him he described it lke a motocycle bat size

· Registered
1,781 Posts
I have the JMB, and after installation dropped .1 on my quarter time! I have had no issues with the battery either in the past 4 months. The system that uses the smaller battery (the one i purchased) has the smoothest flow for air out of ANY intake for the SRT-4. No crazy bends, plus the options are limitless!

· Registered
835 Posts
I'll be dynoing my Iceman shortly. There are no other power mods on the car other then the Iceman, but the dyno pull for 225/246 was done with the mods in my sig minus the iceman

I like the iceman, though the turbo whistle is a little weird at times :hi:

· Registered
4,270 Posts
ViscousCircles said:
Any of you with a system and amps have any probs?
I did, the battery started swelling then appears to have died a horrible death. It got to the point where if it sat a whole day without being cranked, I needed a jump. Ever since the battery died, the dc-dc pwr supply for my carputer won't work properly.

Conclusion, if you have a system or an expensive pc in your car, this small dry cell battery isn't for you. Maybe a high output battery relocated to the trunk would cover this problem. I know I miss my rage intake.....

· Registered
2,514 Posts
Greetings from the north, do any of you know the web site for JMB. That intake looks interesting, and I will like to know more. I tried JMB performance and got nothing, and other searches. Or do any of you know what vendor supports that company? Thank you.

· Registered
642 Posts
GTTechnics said:
Does the JMB sound the same as the iceman? I personally dig the turbo whine.
superchargers whine, turbos whistle :hi:

well, i guess that rules out what intake i'll be getting for my car. iceman it is since i have a stereo system in my car. that's fine since iceman seems to be the loudest system out :thumbsup: (even though JMB was looking really nice). i still want to get the JMB hot and cold pipes. those look beautiful.

· Registered
185 Posts
I ordered the 3" CAI, pressure pipe package (upper/lower) w/ greddy flanges and his catch can about 2 weeks ago. You need to have a paypal account to order from him, he is a privately owned business and does his own work. He is a great guy and answered all my questions promptly and in detail that I could understand. I haven't gotten the parts installed on the car yet, but from what I can tell by looking at the parts, his work is carefully crafted and there would appear to be no fitment issues, not to mention the powder coat job is just simply amazing! I've got a video that compares the stock intake to this one (with greddy BOV), but I need a host to put it up. Good vid, gives you an idea how loud it is over stock and you can really hear the turbo spool up good. Can't wait to put the stuff on, just waiting for my other mod's to come in before I start intake work, but I'll keep you posted on my thoughts on performance gains. As for his business and customer service.....top notch especially for someone who makes the parts from scratch, tests it on his car, then ships it out to you in less than 10 days. :clap:

· Registered
1,366 Posts
I highly recomend the JMB ultimate intake. Justin definately has the customer service thing figured out. You can always put a remote battery in the trunk if you still want a full size battery.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.