Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got a set of jeep JK rims to put on my 05, and these have the tpms sensors in the valve stems. Has anyone set up a monitoring system that could use these? In the jeeps, they tripped light in the gauge cluster, but not sure if an aftermarket pod would be able to read them.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its been done before. Need an adapter to correct the bolt pattern, and the adapter is 2.5mm, offsets are the same.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Not my car, but its what made me want to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Neons never had TPMS. There is no way to my knowledge to have the car communicate with those sensors. There may be some aftermarket meter that'll pick up what the sensors are putting out, but idk...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I read somewhere that TPMS was implemented by the government in response to the Firestone/Ford Explorer debacle. Eveidently, Firestone insisted there was nothing wrong with their tyres which caused seperation of the tread from the rest of the tyre carcass leading to several rollovers and fatalities especially with the Ford Explorer. Firestone apparently claimed that it was the owners who were at fault for not keeping their tyres properly inflated. So in response, the government decided to mandate the TPMS system on all new cars starting around 2006 or so. Great, so now we have to worry about replacing the batteries in the TPMS wheel sensors about every 10, more or less, in each wheel. Or just drive around with an idiot light on (covered with black electrical tape in some cases) and check the tyre pressure periodically just as some of us always have.

I think I got that more or less right...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Personally, those are pretty fugly looking wheels, but to each his/her own.
But they may be worth it if free and the width, offset and bolt pattern will fit an SRT-4.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Personally, those are pretty fugly looking wheels, but to each his/her own.
But they may be worth it if free and the width, offset and bolt pattern will fit an SRT-4.
they require lug adapters because the pattern is wrong and this spaces them out enough to fit since the offset is wrong.... Its a trend ive seen on facebook for a couple years now... but i'm with you on it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I read somewhere that TPMS was implemented by the government in response to the Firestone/Ford Explorer debacle. Eveidently, Firestone insisted there was nothing wrong with their tires which caused separation of the tread from the rest of the tyre carcass leading to several rollovers and fatalities especially with the Ford Explorer. Firestone apparently claimed that it was the owners who were at fault for not keeping their tires properly inflated. So in response, the government decided to mandate the TPMS system on all new cars starting around 2006 or so. Great, so now we have to worry about replacing the batteries in the TPMS wheel sensors about every 10, more or less, in each wheel. Or just drive around with an idiot light on (covered with black electrical tape in some cases) and check the tire pressure periodically just as some of us always have.

I think I got that more or less right...
You just replace the whole transducer when you get new tires anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts