Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to stay out of the boost but theres a lot of kids at school that know about this car and you know they want to see whats its got and stuff like that, you know just for fun. Well I've been getting about 20-23 or 24 mpg. I'm trying to keep out of the boost this week and wow is it hard you know you have the power but yet dont want to hit it. I'm trying my hardest, but every once in a while you gotta boost a little. How is it so easy or is it for you guys to stay outta boost?

Thanks Tim

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
why are you trying to stay out of boost? it's the fun part of the car!

to stay under 5psi of boost I shift between 1800 and 3000 rpm and only LIGHTLY push the accelerator. I still find myself going into some boost at times.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O hell yeah thats he fun part I'm just trying to see my gas mileage and if it changes. Of course I love the boost this is only a one time thing. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
931 Posts
Its totally possible to stay out of boast thats how I can get some half-way decent gas mileage if I don't have to get on it. You'll just have to feather the gas when you shift and when you accelrate. Although I admit the car feels like a boat without boast :crying: But performance:milage don't seem to go hand in hand.

·
Registered
626 Posts
5psi? shift between 1800-3000rpms?!!! lol i shift between 3100-4000 in most every gear, try and cruise between 2300-2700rpms. maybe 1 in 10 shifts i'll step on it to full 15psi before shifting....not so much for the rush but more for the fact that my BOV sounds wicked at 15psi :eveilgrin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.